Still bug in isometric axis???

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Alex

Still bug in isometric axis???

Post by Alex » Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:46 pm

Hello!

As I mentioned in an earlier posting (Aug, 05) isometric axis doesn't consider axis offset. In the latest release this bug is still not solved. :cry:

I think a lot of scientific and technical plots are to be made using isometric axis scale. :!: My wish for this x-mas: please correct this bug and include also: tchart.axis.isometric(0,0,true) = index 0 hor, index 0 ver, isometric = true. Because it's not possible to request the isometric state, the current "SetIsometric" switches ON/OFF/ON/OFF/.... everytime the isometric is requested... So it's not possible to plot every time to the chart with isometric on. :(

By the way, is in the .NET Teechart the isometric axis supported? :?:

Best regards and merry christmas! :D

Alex

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:50 am

Hi Alex,
As I mentioned in an earlier posting (Aug, 05) isometric axis doesn't consider axis offset. In the latest release this bug is still not solved.
Yes, you're correct, I'm sorry, we'll try to fix it for the next maintenance release v7.04.
I think a lot of scientific and technical plots are to be made using isometric axis scale. My wish for this x-mas: please correct this bug and include also: tchart.axis.isometric(0,0,true) = index 0 hor, index 0 ver, isometric = true. Because it's not possible to request the isometric state, the current "SetIsometric" switches ON/OFF/ON/OFF/.... everytime the isometric is requested... So it's not possible to plot every time to the chart with isometric on.
Ok, we'll take this in consideration.
By the way, is in the .NET Teechart the isometric axis supported?
The method has not been added for the moment, it will be added for the next releases. But always, it could be done manually.
Best regards and merry christmas!
Many thanks !!! and goes the same for you :wink:

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:21 pm

Hi Pep,

thanks for the fast answer! :P
But always, it could be done manually.
What would be the best way to do manually? I know a small example from steema support web, but this only fits to VCL. Do you can help me in how to do manually in Basic?

Thanks in advance! :D

Alex

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:07 am

Hi Alex,

I'm afraid it could not be done using vb code (without using the source code of the vcl versoin).

Alex

Post by Alex » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:36 am

Hi Pep,

this is another reason why it is so important to fix the bug and to include some "enhanced" isometric options and switches to the AX version. :!: Maybe you can set this on a higher level of priority? :wink:

I know, that' s the wrong forum index, :) but do you know if I can manually code the isometric feature in the .NET version of Teechart? (or is the .NET version like the AX -> no manual isometric coding possible?) :?:

Thanks another time!

Alex

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:10 am

Hi Alex,

yes, we're working on that. As a workaround we've found that calling twice the MakeIsoAxis in the events works as it should. Could you please check if this help you ?

eg,

Private Sub TChart1_OnUndoZoom()
MakeIsoAxis
MakeIsoAxis
end sub

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:20 am

Hi Pep,

the workaround with e.g. OnUndoZoom didn't work as expected. Every time I unzoom the Tchart it changes between Isometric and not Isometric.

I encounter also a different problem while including the MakeIsoAxis directly after drawing the series into the corresponding sub: the makeisoaxis isn't carried out after drawing the series. Do you have an idea why this happens? (the sub functions well, only the makeisoaxis has no result, if it is included into the sub. Adding a msgbox before the makeisoaxis call or a temporary breakpoint solves the problem).

Also the double makeisoaxis won't work in e.g. onafterdraw, every step of e.g. drag the chart with the mouse results in ON/OFF/ON/OFF/... for each drag step (= each step of mouse movement).

Thanks and a happy new year!

Alex