fmx161.bpl and fmi161.bpl missing

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Track1

fmx161.bpl and fmi161.bpl missing

Post by Track1 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:40 pm

I have just downloaded and installed the latest RAD Studio XE2 Enterprise on Windows 7 64
I have just downloaded and installed the latest TMS Component Pack (30-Mar-2012)

When I start RAD Studio XE2 I get several errors:
---------------------------
bds.exe - System Error
The program can't start because fmx161.bpl is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Package C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\TeeChart 2011 for RAD XE2\Delphi16.win32\Bin\DclFMXTeePro916.bpl must be recompiled before it can be installed..
bds.exe - System Error
The program can't start because fmi161.bpl is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Can't load package C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\TeeChart 2011 for RAD XE2\Delphi16.iOS\Bin\DclFMITeePro916.bpl.
The specified module could not be found.

I note another thread about recompiling the source but I don't believe I have the source. I am also not familiar with the process

Could somebody please assist with how to resolve these errors?

Many thanks
Trevor

Track1

Re: fmx161.bpl and fmi161.bpl missing

Post by Track1 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:02 pm

I have also downloaded and installed the latest Steema TeeChart2012SourceCode,exe, but I still get the same error
I also have Steema Instrumentation Workshop, but from Delphi XE2 File > Open I could not Open vcwd2011.dproj because I get the errors:

The program can't start because fmi161.bpl is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
and
Can't load package C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\TeeChart 2011 for RAD XE2\Delphi16.iOS\Bin\DclFMITeePro916.bpl.

(I don't think that TMS is related but mentioned it above in 1st post because I have it installed, and that might lend a clue?)

Track1

Post by Track1 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:38 pm

I uninstalled TeeChart 2011 for RAD XE2 and that stopped the first error (fmx161.bpl missing)

But I still had the errors:
-------------

Can't load package C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\TeeChart 2011 for RAD XE2\Delphi16.win32\Bin\DclTree2D16Tee9.bpl.

Can't load package C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\TeeChart 2011 for RAD XE2\Delphi16.win32\Bin\DclTeePro916.bpl.
-------------
So I then uninstalled TeeChart Pro 2012 Full Source Code and still get the same errors above

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Track1

Re: fmx161.bpl and fmi161.bpl missing - fixed but now more probs

Post by Track1 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:04 am

OK
I uninstalled everything, including RAD Studio XE2
Then I started from scratch
I installed Steema from the TeeChart2012SourceCode.exe download
Now I don't get the errors
BUT...
I don't have the TChartGrid component any longer and cannot compile

I have all of the original distributions, but I don't know how to install the TChartGrid and related component which came with the TChart Pro 9 components.
The Install.txt seems to be out of date, it states:
Delphi / C++ Builder:
---------------------

In Delphi and C++ Builder you can recompile the TeeChart Pro packages opening the appropiate Project Group File (*.bpg)

BDS 2006: Tee9D10.bpg
Delphi 2005: Tee9D9.bpg
Delphi 7: Tee9D7.bpg
Delphi 6: Tee9D6.bpg
Delphi 5: Tee9D5.bpg
Delphi 4: Tee9D4.bpg

C++ Builder 6: Tee9BCB6.bpg
C++ Builder 5: Tee9BCB5.bpg
C++ Builder 4: Tee9BCB4.bpg

Double-click the first package ( ie: Tee97 ) and select
"Project -> Build All packages" to recompile all packages.

Please remove old package files and close all projects
before recompiling.
--------------------------

Is there a step-by-step procedure? Which bpg file should I open and from where. All of the ones I have tried have produced other errors

Appreciate advice from anybody
Thanks

Track1

Re: Missing TChartGrid component

Post by Track1 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:50 am

I got it working.

I uninstalled the source code version and installed the binary version (TeeChart2012RADXE2.exe), and the TGridChart component is available.

This tells me that the installation procedure for the source code distribution has a problem and needs to be examined (TeeChart2012SourceCode.exe).

I would prefer to see better / more informative manual build / install instructions if that is possible. This would certainly reduce frustration. It is possible that the file 'Install.txt' (dated 21-Mar-2012) is out of date, or could benefit from additional steps in the detail. The end result from a source code install does not match the content of that document (copy attached).

I welcome any feedback
Attachments
InstallTxt.jpg
InstallTxt.jpg (322.88 KiB) Viewed 8721 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:34 am

Hello Trevor,

Excuse us for the delayed reply here.

I'm glad to hear you've achieved to make it work but you are right, we have to revise the source code documentation.
Note the source code version includes the TeeRecompile tool to help you to compile and install the packages into the IDE.

You wrote the first message on March 30, and the latest maintenance release, including support for XE2 update 4 on the binary installer, was published a few days before, on March 27. So I guess you were already using it, but worth to verify it (use v2011.04 binary if you have XE2 with update 3, and use v2012.05 if you have XE2 with update 4).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy