Tee212 and FireMonkey old behaviour

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
vlezhu

Tee212 and FireMonkey old behaviour

Post by vlezhu » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:26 pm

I've tested the simple FireMonkey HD application, I created FMX form and put TChart on it.
The ChartEditor in the designer mode is empty, and if I put Button or label on Form, they are not visible in the designer mode.

vlezhu

Re: Tee212 and FireMonkey old behaviour

Post by vlezhu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:36 am

Now I made a clean test with RAD XE2 and new Tee2012Pro:
First of I have installed new and fresh copy of the RAD XE2 update 4, all properties were by default.
Second, I've created simple test - delphi FMX HD form and put to it TButton and TChart, Button is visible in the designer and ChartEditor is not empty.
Third, I've started TeeInstall and the Tee2012Pro was installed smoothly, the RAD XE2 after that shown me this pack.
Now I've opened previously created test program and voila - the Button now is not visible in the designer and ChartEditor is empty.
If I'll create now new FMX application - the Chart will have empty ChartEditor.
Moreover, I've tried to remove Tee2012Pro from Packages, but Button in the designed mode is not visible on the form.

Why this old bug is not fixed yet?

vlezhu

Post by vlezhu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:44 am

This is very strange, but after two-three times restarting of the RAD XE2 the FMX designer works now fine and TeeChartEditor is not empty. This evening I'll try to renew my home PC with RAD XE2(4), but yesterday I couldn't see controls and ChartEditor in the designer mode for FMX form.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:52 am

Hi vlezhu,
Why this old bug is not fixed yet?
Because we are experiencing the same problems as you described in this thread. It's appears in a random fashion and we are not able to identify the causes so that we can fix it.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

vlezhu

Post by vlezhu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:33 pm

May be this will help you, I found at least on one PC (I'll check on the second this evening), I've removed the IDE Fix Pack 4.7 from Andreas Hausladen, after that on the first start of RAD the bug exists, but after the second start it dissappears.

vlezhu

Post by vlezhu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:42 pm

I've just tested my home PC, the IDE Fix Pack 4.7 was removed and after that the control on the form is visible and ChartEditor is not empty,
but the Button's caption is not visible and ChartEditor also don't show any Buttons Captions.
At least using IDE Fix it is possible to reproduce this bug for sure (on 2 my PCs).

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi vlezhu,

Thanks for your feedback. This article could help explain the results of your tests. Do you think this describes what you found? Probably you are "Vladimir" in the comments section, aren't you :?:

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

vlezhu

Post by vlezhu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Yes, I am Vladimir.
May be this explains the issue, but when I've installed fresh RAD XE2, I've tested TeeChart2012 without IDE Fix Pack, as I remember, and controls and ChartEditor were not visible.
Then I've installed IDE Fix Pack and removed it, this helped me to fix the issue.
I read this article also and understood why I have to restart twice.
At least may be you can catch this bird.

Vladimir.

vlezhu

Post by vlezhu » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:09 am

Today I've on one PC this problem, but IDEFixPackRegXE2 is not installed on it.
For this reason I made some experiments to get closer to this issue.
I created simple application (FMX HD) with one button on the FMX form, and this button is not visible in the designer.
Then I removed all Tee2012Pro components and after restart of theb RAD this button can be visible in the designer.
Next step, I've installed IDEFixPackRegXE2 and restarted 2 times RAD, the button is visible in the designer.
Next step, I've installed TeeChartPro2012 only VCL component, the button dissapeared after RAD restart, so the VCL part of the Tee2012 affect on the FMX form in the designer.
To get back this button I uninstall the IDEFixPackRegXE2 and restarts 2 times RAD, but the button did not appear.
After that I've removed Tee2012ProVCL and installed it again, now the button is visible in the designer.
May be these experiments will help to find the solution?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:29 am

Hi vlezhu,

Thanks for your feedback. We continue the investigation and will post any results here.
Best Regards,
Steema Software