TSeriesBandTool and Color

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ulibru

TSeriesBandTool and Color

Post by ulibru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi,

I like to use a TSeriesBandTool. I've got it working so far except a color definition. So during design time the SeriesBand is shown in black color. The design editor shows up a pen and a brush color. But neither of these colors do allow to change the color.
So where is a proper place to define the color of the series band ? Actually I use it with 90% transparancy, luckily this works.

I'm using Delpi XE2 Update4.

Best regards
Uli

ulibru

Re: TSeriesBandTool and Color [Solved]

Post by ulibru » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:01 am

I've found a solution by using the Gradient colors.
Now I just wonder about the function of colors for pen and brush.

Uli

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TSeriesBandTool and Color

Post by Yeray » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi Uli,
ulibru wrote:I like to use a TSeriesBandTool. I've got it working so far except a color definition. So during design time the SeriesBand is shown in black color. The design editor shows up a pen and a brush color. But neither of these colors do allow to change the color.
So where is a proper place to define the color of the series band ? Actually I use it with 90% transparancy, luckily this works.
Brush: Note int he Brush editor you can set two colors, Color and Back. Try setting the Back color when using the Solid pattern style. The other color is used when you choose a different pattern style, like ie "Zig zag".
Pen: By default, the line series have a pen width = 1. And the same for the TSeriesBandTool pen if you make it visible. Since the tool is drawn behind the series (you can also change this at design time) having a series pen width equal to the tool pen width results in a hidden tool pen. Try playing with the tool and series pens widths and with the "Draw Behind Series" checkbox.

If you still have any doubt about it don't hesitate to let us know.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy