VCLTee.TeeThemeEditor was compiled with a different version

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
asp

VCLTee.TeeThemeEditor was compiled with a different version

Post by asp » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:34 pm

Hello!
I've just installed TeeChartPro ver 2011.04.41118 for Delphi XE2.
When I tried to compile my old project to the Win64 platform I got a Fatal Error

F2051 Unit VCLTee.TeeThemeEditor was compiled with a different version of VCLTee.TeeChartGrid.TCustomChartGrid.RecalcDimensions

Win 32 version compiles ok.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VCLTee.TeeThemeEditor was compiled with a different version

Post by Narcís » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:11 am

Hello,

This is most likely x64 paths are not set correctly. Could you please check that your XE2 is set to search for at TeeChart's Delphi16.win64 folder for x64 applications at Tools -> Options -> Delphi Options -> Library -> Selected Platform and Library Path.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

asp

Post by asp » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:25 pm

The path to the Delphi16.win64\Lib is set, see image
teechartlib.png
teechartlib.png (27.88 KiB) Viewed 12110 times

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi asp,

Ok, that should suffice. You could try moving it to the top of the list though.

I can also see that you have FastReports installed. Disabling them lets your 64-bit TeeChart applications being build? If that's the case probably FastReports uses TeeChart packages and you should update them to the current TeeChart version.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

asp

Post by asp » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:46 pm

I placed Delphi16.win64\Lib on the top after $(BDS)\Imports and disabled all FastReport packages from Component/Install Packages, but it did not help. I use Delphi XE 2 with Update 2.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:00 am

Hello asp,

- If you have any other 3rd component tool that may be using TeeChart, try to unselect it from the packages list and try it again.
- Is the same project working fine in 32bit platform?
- Another possibility could be that the project is referencing some previous TeeChart installation. Does a new simple project with just a chart on the form work fine in 64bit? If the new project works but not the old one, please edit manually the old project files (with notepad or similar) and correct any wrong reference you may find.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

asp

Post by asp » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:34 pm

1. I tried to disable FastReport but it had not help. I don't know which other components may use TChart.
2. Yes, the same project works fine in win32.
3. Yes, simple new project for win64 works fine. May be actually something wrong with old project settings. But couldn't you point me exactly, what references do you mean? By the way, your demo project (Tee9New) also produces the same fatal error for me.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:13 am

Hello asp,
asp wrote:1. I tried to disable FastReport but it had not help. I don't know which other components may use TChart.
Do you have any other 3rd party tool installed? Try disabling all them to test it.
asp wrote:3. Yes, simple new project for win64 works fine. May be actually something wrong with old project settings. But couldn't you point me exactly, what references do you mean?
I'd close the conflictive project and edit manually (with notepad or similar) the project files (.dpr, .dproj,...). I'd search for *tee* and check if the found references are correct.
asp wrote:By the way, your demo project (Tee9New) also produces the same fatal error for me.
I'm afraid the features demo doesn't compile right now for 64bit because, if I'm not wrong, there is no Win64 BDE so it fails when trying to find the DBTables unit.
However, if this is not the error you are getting, it makes me think the problem should still be in the IDE lists.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

asp

Post by asp » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:49 am

Hello!

I thought that my problems are connected with some installation conflicts, because when I added TeeCommander to my empty 64 bit project it failed to compile with the error
[DCC Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(7): F2051 Unit VCLTee.TeeComma was compiled with a different version of VCLTee.Chart.TCustomChart

There are some facts that could drop the light to the problem.

1.To install TChart I used the binary installer. Before the installation I hadn't manually uninstalled the TChart Std from the XE2 Update 2 Package. Should I? Now TChart component is located in TeeChart Std group in the Component Panel (see the screenshot). I also have TeeChart group with additional components. Is it normal? About box shows that I use TeeChart Pro 32 bit VCL. Is it correct for the 64 bit project?

2. I also have Delphi 2010 with TeeChart Pro for Delphi 2010 installed. Could it produce errors?

3. 32 bit applications are compiled and work fine.
Attachments
teechart2.png
teechart2.png (141.57 KiB) Viewed 12045 times

asp

Post by asp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:21 am

Hello!
Eventually I've solved the problem by myself. I uninstalled TeeChart Pro, downloaded Full Source version and installed it by Recompile utility. I think that the problem was connected with TeeChart Std bpls located in the search path as I was prompted by Recompile.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:15 pm

Hello,

I'm glad to hear you could finally install it!

Anyway, let me try to clarify some of your doubts:
asp wrote:1.To install TChart I used the binary installer. Before the installation I hadn't manually uninstalled the TChart Std from the XE2 Update 2 Package. Should I?
No, you don't need to uninstall the TeeChart version shipped with the IDE before installing another version. The TeeChart installer should backup the bundled version.
asp wrote:Now TChart component is located in TeeChart Std group in the Component Panel (see the screenshot). I also have TeeChart group with additional components. Is it normal?
The components can be moved/reorganized manually from one section to another section in the toolbox simply dragging them.
asp wrote:About box shows that I use TeeChart Pro 32 bit VCL. Is it correct for the 64 bit project?
Yes, the same About box is used in both platforms.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

asp

Post by asp » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:42 am

Hello!
Thanks a lot for your support.