Problems with an Access Report

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
ronm

Problems with an Access Report

Post by ronm » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:18 am

I am having a problem getting the chart to draw properly inside an MS Access report. I am using Access 2010 and TeeChart v8.0.1.1

I have taken over a project from a previous developer, and I am trying to learn how to use TeeChart. Here are some of the problems that I am having:

I have v8.0.1.1 installed on my machine, but some of the existing graphs in the program are an older version v4 I believe. When I try to open the forms/reports containing these older graphs I get an error saying that I do not have a license for the control. How do I access these older controls?

When I create a new graph on a report, the graph does not draw itself to the borders of the control. There seems to be a second border inside the control border and the graph draws to this inner border. How do I set the dimensions of this inner border? Searching through the forum, I found a reference to the frame. Is this inner border the frame?

When the graph is displayed on the report, part of the graph is beyond the edge of the control, and not displayed. As I scroll the report page, the graph also scrolls farther outside the edge of the control. How do I get the graph to draw correctly on the report page and not scroll outside of the control border?

Thank you
Brad
Attachments
Image.jpg
As the report is scrolled down, the graph moves upwards inside the control borders
Image.jpg (154.1 KiB) Viewed 10292 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems with an Access Report

Post by Yeray » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Hello Brad,
ronm wrote:I have v8.0.1.1 installed on my machine, but some of the existing graphs in the program are an older version v4 I believe. When I try to open the forms/reports containing these older graphs I get an error saying that I do not have a license for the control. How do I access these older controls?
I'm afraid it's not possible to have two different TeeChart version in a same project. Note that all TeeChart versions use the same namespaces so they would conflict.
ronm wrote:When I create a new graph on a report, the graph does not draw itself to the borders of the control. There seems to be a second border inside the control border and the graph draws to this inner border. How do I set the dimensions of this inner border? Searching through the forum, I found a reference to the frame. Is this inner border the frame?

When the graph is displayed on the report, part of the graph is beyond the edge of the control, and not displayed. As I scroll the report page, the graph also scrolls farther outside the edge of the control. How do I get the graph to draw correctly on the report page and not scroll outside of the control border?
Can you see this problems in the Teedemo.mdb example shopped with the installation? It should be in your installation folder, into "\Examples\MSOffice\VBA Access".
If it only happens in a new application, could you please send it to us so we can reproduce the problem here?
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

ronm

Post by ronm » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Yeray wrote:
ronm wrote:I have v8.0.1.1 installed on my machine, but some of the existing graphs in the program are an older version v4 I believe. When I try to open the forms/reports containing these older graphs I get an error saying that I do not have a license for the control. How do I access these older controls?
I'm afraid it's not possible to have two different TeeChart version in a same project. Note that all TeeChart versions use the same namespaces so they would conflict.
Does this mean that I have to go through my project and replace the graphs that already exist? Is there any way to do this and preserve the settings that were defined in the control and not code?
Yeray wrote:
ronm wrote:When I create a new graph on a report, the graph does not draw itself to the borders of the control. There seems to be a second border inside the control border and the graph draws to this inner border. How do I set the dimensions of this inner border? Searching through the forum, I found a reference to the frame. Is this inner border the frame?

Can you see this problems in the Teedemo.mdb example shopped with the installation? It should be in your installation folder, into "\Examples\MSOffice\VBA Access".
If it only happens in a new application, could you please send it to us so we can reproduce the problem here?.
It does not happen in the Teedemo.mdb file. I have attached a sample project which replicates the problem.
Attachments
TeeChart.zip
Sample project
(100.66 KiB) Downloaded 736 times

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:37 am

Hello ronm,
Does this mean that I have to go through my project and replace the graphs that already exist? Is there any way to do this and preserve the settings that were defined in the control and not code?
TeeChart have a Tool to convert application in old TeechartActivex to a newest TeeChartActivex and I recommend you, use it. You can find the tool in TeeChart Pro v2011 ActiveX Control\Utilities.
It does not happen in the Teedemo.mdb file. I have attached a sample project which replicates the problem.
Thank you for the code. We can reproduce your problem and I have added it in bug list report with number[TA05015779]. We will be try to fix it for next maintenance releases of TeeChart.net.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

ronm

Post by ronm » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Sandra wrote:Hello ronm,
RonM wrote: Does this mean that I have to go through my project and replace the graphs that already exist? Is there any way to do this and preserve the settings that were defined in the control and not code?
TeeChart have a Tool to convert application in old TeechartActivex to a newest TeeChartActivex and I recommend you, use it. You can find the tool in TeeChart Pro v2011 ActiveX Control\Utilities.
Does the conversion tool work on MS Access VBA programs? I could only find tools for VB, VC++, and VS.Net.
Sandra wrote:
RonM wrote:It does not happen in the Teedemo.mdb file. I have attached a sample project which replicates the problem.
Thank you for the code. We can reproduce your problem and I have added it in bug list report with number[TA05015779]. We will be try to fix it for next maintenance releases of TeeChart.net.

Thanks,
How soon will you have a maintenance release for TeeChart v8? We need either a fix or a workaround ASAP.

Thanks
Brad

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Hello Brad,

Sorry for the delay. We are working to find a solution with the problem with this thread and we inform you asap.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Hello Brad,

I have sent you an e-mail where there is a specific OCX of TeeChartActivex8 has the bug fixed.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Steema Software