Packages problem on Delphi 7

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
D.Warzynski

Packages problem on Delphi 7

Post by D.Warzynski » Thu May 05, 2011 10:23 am

Hello, when i install TeeChart Pro 2011 VCL on delphi 7, when i lauch Delphi i get this message : "Cannot load package Tee97" .
I get this message for each package of Teechart that Delphi 7 try to load...
Thanks.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Packages problem on Delphi 7

Post by Yeray » Fri May 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Hello D.Warzynski,

Please, check your IDE packages list and remove any old TeeChart package remaining. Check also the library and search paths.
Please, try the IDE with a new simple project to see if the problem is in the IDE setting or in the specific project.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

D.Warzynski

Post by D.Warzynski » Tue May 10, 2011 6:33 am

I removed the old teechart packages, i checked the library paths, and i started a new project, but i have the same error :
"Cannot load package Tee97" .

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue May 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Hello,

If the error message is shown when starting the IDE, not directly opening a project, the problem should be in the packages list.
Please, open Delphi 7 without opening a project directly (C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\delphi32.exe) and accept the error message. Close any project created automatically (File/Close All). Check the packages list again (Project/Options/Packages) and remove any TeeChart package on the list. Close and reopen the IDE. Does the error message still appear? Could you please tell us the complete message and the options it offers?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

ARL2011

Post by ARL2011 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:09 am

Hi.
I'm running into the same problem when trying to install the teechart2011 packages. The installation runs OK, but when running the delphi7 ide I get several messages indicating the problems with all the 2011 packages, such as:

-"Can't load package c:\Program Files\....\DclTree2D7Tee9.bpl. Cannot load package 'Tee97'. It contains unit 'TeeAbout' wich is also contained in package 'Tee70'. Do you want to attempt to load this package the next time a project is loaded?"

I've previously removed the TeeChart packages from the package list, but I don't get it to work. It seems the installer didn't remove the previous versions of teechart (the ones included in the basic instalation of Delphi7). Which are the stepts to follow in order to avoid this issue? It would be nice if the installer TeeChart2011Delphi7.exe was able to handle that automatically...

Thanks in advance,

Alfonso

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:23 am

Hi Alfonso,

This error message indicates that your Delphi is still referencing old TeeChart packages. Please try doing what I suggested here.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

ARL2011

Post by ARL2011 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:11 am

Hi
I did what was said in the post you sent me before and it now works OK. I have to review other intalled components from other thhird parties that refer to thoses packages of you, but at least now I have a way through :-)

Thanks for your help Narcís!

BR,

Alfonso