Pie Chart Drawing

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pie Chart Drawing

Post by Yeray » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:56 am

Hello GoToXY,

I'm sorry to hear that.
I agree with you that the gallery, as it is right now, can induce to confusion. We'll study how we can make it clearer.

As you probably know and you'll understand, some of Microsoft .NET Framework has more advanced rendering techniques for all pens and brushes than in the VCL framework.
On the other hand, you may be interested on looking at the following threads, where you'll find some examples of quite nice looking VCL Pies:
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... f=3&t=9136
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... 107#p51107
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

GoToXY

Post by GoToXY » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi Yeray,

Again thanks for the reply. I have show what other people have done to my dev team and boss and none agree to use the 2010 pie. They said it looks too "jellowish" or "tupperware". The most important part is my boss said that it doesnt reflect the true image of the company. It could be good for other, but he really wants something more "conventional, warm and homogeneous" as the one in the gallery made in .NET. So now, I dont know what to do, all my project is made with TeeChart and i dont want to change everything and my boss said "if the output is bad, who cares about how easy it is to work with. And i dont want to use Excell again... understood". So i have some question i would like some answers:

1. Are you planning to revamp TeeChart with actual graphics quality rendering as .Net
2. If yes, when will you be release it.

Thanks and i hope you will answer yes to question #1 and a good date for #2.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Hello,

To be honest, we thought that with the improvements added in TeeChart 2010 (BevelPercent, EdgeStyle and Transparency) and the possibilities in TChart3D we were offering a really nice pie series.
However, if you feel that any concrete aspect in the pies could be improved because you've found any other VCL charting component that already does (or you find any sign indicating that TeeChart sources could be improved in some aspect) please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll be pleased to take a look at it.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy