Class TBoxSeries not found

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
SnortyRaisin

Class TBoxSeries not found

Post by SnortyRaisin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:35 pm

A program in C++ Builder 2007 and TeeChart 8.04 contains a Chart with 15 box plots. It runs without error, but when I quit Builder, then restart Builder, I get the error message "Error Reading Form - Class TBoxSeries not found...". If I "Ignore All", then delete Chart (it really isn't all there), and the Series in the header, I can redo the chart and it runs fine again. Having to re-do the graphics each time I start the program is getting old.

John

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Class TBoxSeries not found

Post by Yeray » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:32 am

Hi John,

It seems like a confusion in dependences somewhere. I'd suggest you to check the search and library paths of you IDE and correct them if wrong. And I'd also suggest you to edit your project files manually (with otepad or similar) and correct any wrong reference.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

SnortyRaisin

Post by SnortyRaisin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:49 pm

I checked the project files and could find nothing wrong. I created a simple program that only creates one box plot from a data array. When I reopened the program, I received the same missing TBoxSeries error message. If I change the chart so that is plots a line, I can reopen the file without error.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi John,

Could you please send us this test project?
You can either post your files directly here in the forums as an attachment to a message, at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

SnortyRaisin

Post by SnortyRaisin » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:09 pm

I found the problem, and it is strange. I use several other commercial libraries (several Dew Research libraries, LMD tools, and XLSReadWriteII from Axolot for interacting with an Excel spreadsheet). By default, these packages are available when I start C++ Builder. The test program could not find the TBoxSeries class, even though no other library was being used, although they were checked in the Defaults. To be complete, I changed the default so that no library but Builder and TeeChart were available at Builder startup. The program then worked. I added the libraries one at a time in the default setting, and the program continued to work. After all had been added, the program continued to work. My complicated program now works as well. :D
Does TeeChart have to be added first in the Defaults?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi John,

I don't think so. I also have some other components installed in some IDEs and I'm continuously uninstalling and reinstalling TeeChart without needing to reinstall the other components.
On the other hand, sometimes we saw that checking the "default" checkbox wasn't enough to make the IDE to remember the settings. The solution to this, is to create a new project, set the desired settings, check the "default" checkbox, save the project and restart the IDE.
Setting the desired options with no project opened is another possibility that use to work.
The problems usually appear setting the options in an old project. In this case, sometimes the IDE seems to not update all the references in the project files. That's why we use to recommend to edit the project files manually.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software