TeeChart 6: Grid Lines and other non-black lines don't print

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Gary

TeeChart 6: Grid Lines and other non-black lines don't print

Post by Gary » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:42 pm

A client is experiencing issues when printing TeeCharts (line graphs) in our application, where non-black lines (i.e. grid lines using gray color) are not printed (or printed as white). This issue only happens when printing using an HP Printer, and is not known to occur with non-HP printers. I've found similar discussions on this forum regarding issues with printing non-solid or non-black lines, and it looks like the typical response is to find an alternative printer device driver. However, our client is hesitant to do so due to compatibility issues with other apps when using different device drivers.

My questions are:
-Is there any current investigation being done on the TeeChart side on why HP printers seem to consistently print lines incorrectly?
-Are there any suggestions we can try besides having the client use a different device driver? One forum discussion suggested modifying our code to make all the lines black (although this would be non-passive for us).

Please advise. Thanks.

TestAlways
Advanced

Re: TeeChart 6: Grid Lines and other non-black lines don't print

Post by TestAlways » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:03 pm

How are you printing the charts? Directly from TChart? You may want to try creating an image and then printing it using a reporting tool. I do this and have not had any reported problems. (Probably not a simple task either :-)).

Ed Dressel

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TeeChart 6: Grid Lines and other non-black lines don't print

Post by Narcís » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:44 am

Hello Gary,
-Is there any current investigation being done on the TeeChart side on why HP printers seem to consistently print lines incorrectly?
No, our experience is that this only happens with some HP printers and specific device drivers.
-Are there any suggestions we can try besides having the client use a different device driver? One forum discussion suggested modifying our code to make all the lines black (although this would be non-passive for us).
Here I suggested a solution similar to what Ed said.

I also recommend you to read the printing article on this thread, specially the Printing non-solid lines section.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum