Scaling Printer Output with SetDetail

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
DaveB

Scaling Printer Output with SetDetail

Post by DaveB » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:14 pm

I am looking for some advice on how I might use the SetDetail (C++) function to scale my chart output so it appears to be the same resolution whether the original chart view is full screen (maximized) or partial screen (tiled). Presently, when my chart is maximized, the printed output looks nice setting the Detail property to about 50, at least using my monitor's resolution. However, if I reduce the size of the chart prior to printing, I need to increase the Detail property in order to get the same apparent output resolution.

Is there a formula that I can use to compute the Detail property to give similar results each time regardless of the size of the on-screen chart?

TIA,
Dave

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:13 pm

Hi Dave,
Is there a formula that I can use to compute the Detail property to give similar results each time regardless of the size of the on-screen chart
The trick would be to copy the chart to another chart (export using a teefile) and print from the second chart (which always has the same size).

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:27 pm

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about just that approach last night after writing my post. Thanks again!