Reinstallation Issue

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reinstallation Issue

Post by Narcís » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi RogerK,
Second, can you be more specific in what paths could be missing and exactly where I need to look.
Latest TeeChart version "Bin" and "Lib" folders should be on *top* of the Search Path list at Project -> Options -> Directories/Conditionals. If possible, enable the left-bottom "Default" checkbox. "Assemblies" folder should be on *top* of the Assembly Search Paths list at Component -> Installed .NET Components. Also remove old TeeChart packages from those lists.
Third, when I create an entirely new project and incorporate the TeeChart objects all is well. I even removed all units that contained Teechart
data in them...compiles fine. I add the 'TeeProcs, series, graph into the uses section of another unit, compile errors. This is pretty straightforward!!
Please help me get this resolved. I feel like this can be resolved quicker.
I bet this is a path setup problem. If it persists please let us know the exact error message.
If I drag a TChart onto the form from the Tool Palette, Delphi2006 automatically adds TeeProcs, TeEngine, and Chart to the end of the 'uses section',
which is immediatley flagged as an error('Cannot resolveunit nameTeEngine').
I also think this is a path issue.
Another question: If I were to remove delphi and Teechart, what would be the acceptable, workable way to load delphi, Teechart and copy across mu existing project file and have it run successfully?
You'd better install Delphi and all updates available and after that install latest TeeChart version available. Before running old projects I'd check if a simple new application with a TChart component on it compiles and runs fine. Finally, if your old projects fail to compile you may need to check their paths are correct.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum