TeeChart v8.06 VCL maintenance release available

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
McStep

Re: TeeChart v8.06 VCL maintenance release available

Post by McStep » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Be careful to install the release 8.06 on Delphi 2009 prof. At least my system showed strange behaviour. At first there are Tee*.bpl installed to windows\system32. There is atleast one bpl - the tee812eval.bpl - which does not belong to thes position. Installing from source shows no matching pas. Doning recompile from the sourece generates no eval.bpl. It seems to be good for nothing?
If your compilation goes wrong with not matching versions of the dcu go on looking for the lib\debug directory of your delphi-installation. May be there ist still an old version of TeeFilters.dcu, teeFiltersEditor.dcu and TeeStore.dcu. I just renamed them an everything worked fine. No conflicts anymore.
What could be the reason to install versions not needed and files not needed? Don't know. The best results I could obtain was NOT installing the package TeeChart806Delphi2009 from the exe but from the sources you get together with your TChartpro. Only disadvantages are the missing examples and help files. I messed up my system again by installing the Teechart806Delphi2009 after installing/recompiling from the sources.
My compiler generated lots of warnings because of unsafe code and so on when I compiled the Tee8New there was no specific version for D2009.

Other users I asked had the same trouble I described above. It would be finde the Installing-packages could be modified a little.

Don't get me wrong. I want to use the tools. There is an immense bunch of features. I love the impressive results and ease of use, but one has a litle struggle to get the tools to work correctly - at least in my case. I want to use the tools together with the DewResearch tools and the grids of TMS-Software. In both cases I had to solve problems the described problems before examples of the tools run.

McStep

QTech

Post by QTech » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:25 am

Thanks Narcís

I tried again and it worked.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:49 am

Hi McStep,

We haven't heard about (or suffered) the conflicts you mention. It sounds like remaining files from old (and maybe wrongly uninstalled) TeeChart version confusing your IDE.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your experiences so they may help other users with similar problems to find a solution.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Hi McStep,

TeeStore.dcu, TeeFilters.dcu and TeeFiltersEditor.dcu in Delphi's /lib/debug folder belong to the TeeChart version shipped with Delphi. We modified the installers to remove and backup those files too.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum