TeeChart8 ActiveX TeeChartOffice and TeeCommander

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Matt

TeeChart8 ActiveX TeeChartOffice and TeeCommander

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:22 pm

We've been using TeeChart6 ActiveX for 5+ years now. This morning I started evaluating the TeeChart8 ActiveX and have a couple of questions.

1) Is there still a TeeChartOffice.exe utility that you can use (outside of the ActiveX control) to create/edit TEE files? The one that we had previously is called TeeChartOffice.exe and is dated 12/27/2002, which we used previously with v6.

2) Is there a way when using the TeeCommander toolbar when editing the TEE file (via the ActiveX control) to not have the TEE file save a static copy of the data in it? We use the charting tool and dynamically populate the series and data with information from a custom database; however, I've noticed that if I use the TeeCommander toolbar to edit a chart (e.g. changing colors, sizes, etc.) that it will actually save a "static" copy of that series data so when I apply the newly saved TEE file to the chart, it now has static data (from the TEE file) in addition to the data we dynamically populate. The only way I'm able to avoid this it seems is to manually remove the static data from the "Data" section in the "editor" manually each time I need to edit the TEE file from the TeeCommander toolbar. I would guess I'm simply doing something wrong here?

Thanks!
Matt

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TeeChart8 ActiveX TeeChartOffice and TeeCommander

Post by Yeray » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi Matt,

1) Yes, TeeChartOffice is at "Other Projects & Free Resources" in "Downloads" menu in our website:
http://www.steema.com/download/other_projects

2) You are right. I've added your request to the wish list to be an option implemented in future releases (TV52014739).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy