Windows 7 - TeeChart Pro 8.0 Installation Hangs

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
maxwellsystems

Windows 7 - TeeChart Pro 8.0 Installation Hangs

Post by maxwellsystems » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:49 pm

We've been experiencing issues with registering an older version of TeeChartPro (6.0.0.4) on Windows 7 Ultimate. Manually registering TeeChart6.ocx results in no error or confirmation, as I would expect with registrying any .dll or .ocx file. It just doesn't display any message, but obviously did not register properly. Also, when registering via an Installer (Wise in my case), it just hangs forever when trying to self-register. I tried installing the developer install, and the same thing happens, it just hangs forever during self-register.

I thought I would try the lastest ActiveX of TeeChart Pro, version (8.0.0.6), the same exact result.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows 7 - TeeChart Pro 8.0 Installation Hangs

Post by Yeray » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:43 am

Hi maxwellsystems,

Is the affected Win7 a 64 bits OS?
Have you tried it in different Win7 machines?
Do you have any antivirus or antispyware software that could be blocking the access to the registry?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

maxwellsystems

Post by maxwellsystems » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi Yeray,

We're currently testing on Window 7 - 32 bit Ultimate version. We have not tried any other machines yet, but will be shortly. Our Wise Installer registers a ton of other OCX and DLL files, but this is the only (TeeChart6.ocx or TeeChart8.ocx) so far that fails to register for whatever reason.

I was trying to figutre out if this was a known issue with Windows 7 (or not).

Thanks..

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi maxwellsystems,

There was a customer who reported a similar problem some weeks ago, but in fact the problem was caused by kaspersky rules.
If you are able to reproduce it in a consistent way in different machines or you can give us more information that may be relevant for this, please let us know and we'll see what we can do.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

maxwellsystems

Post by maxwellsystems » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:19 pm

I have some more information to pass along after performing more install and manunal regsvr32 testing on other machines/versions. This is one of the more stranger things I've encountered recently:

1. Only happens when installing via Remote Desktop session. Directly installing from the actual machine works fine!
2. Only happens (so far) on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit version. Ultimate 64-bit works fine directly or Remote Desktop. Pro 32-bit and-64 bit works fine also. Did not test any others yet.
3. Only happens to this particular teechart6.ocx file. All other .dll's and ocx's registers just fine.

For us, we are planning to document this issue as a known gotcha, and move on...

Thanks for your help!

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi maxwellsystems,

It sounds like a problem with Windows rights. If you find more information regarding this, please, feel free to post it here as it could be useful for other users in the future.

Thank you for your feedback.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software