Problem with windows 7

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
David
Advanced

Problem with windows 7

Post by David » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:53 am

I recently installed windows 7 32-bit English and then I installed Teechart 8.0.0.7 without any error message during the installation. But when I run my previous applications, no chart window appears, which used to because the ocx was not registered. Then I tried to register it manually following this post http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... s+7#p42296, but one windows popped up with an error sign but no message and my application still could't run. Would anyone please suggest how to register the ocx in Windows 7? I though the install program will automatically register it.

BTW, I have been using admin account.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with windows 7

Post by Yeray » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:15 am

Hi David,

Have you called the TeeChart8.ocx from the default folder (C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX Control\TeeChart8.ocx) or have you moved it to another place, such as (C:\Users\admin\Documents\TeeChart8.ocx)?

Have you tried to run the new features demo program?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

David
Advanced

Post by David » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:11 am

The program is installed in C:\Program Files\TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX Control\ and I suppose it should have been registered. Then I copy it to E:\Control\TeeChart8.ocx and try to use regsvr32 to register it, but a window popped up with some kind of error sign but no error message.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:44 am

Hi David,

Please try to reinstall TeeChart. Maybe the ocx file is corrupt and that's why windows can't register it. I'm registering it here without problems in a Win7 machine. Also, without an error message it won't be easy to deduce what's happening... :?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

David
Advanced

Post by David » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:18 am

I have reinstalled it and still didn't work. The feature demos can run correctly, does it mean it is registered correctly? My windows 7 is ultimate version.

Please do help provide solutions as soon as possible because it is customer related.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi,

Yes, if you can run the demo, your TeeChart8.ocx should be correctly registered. If you unregister it, the demo gives the error "Component 'TeeChart8.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid". If you want to test it run the same sentence than for registering but with -u parameter:

Code: Select all

C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe -u "c:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX Control\TeeChart8.ocx"
Probably the problem is that your old projects are referencing the old TeeChart7.ocx (or 6, or 5,...). Please try to check it.
Another test for verifying it would be to create a new simple application with a single chart on the form. If TeeChart 8 is correctly installed in the IDE, the new project should reference the correct TeeChart version.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software