How to get the TeeRegV3.exe utility?

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
acwolff

Re: How to get the TeeRegV3.exe utility?

Post by acwolff » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi Yeray and Narcis,

No, there is no "View3D" statement in my code!

I think it is now the time to stop our conversation.

I took me a long time to move my project from a 32bits Vista system to a 64 bits Windows 7 system,
but with your highly appreciated help, I finally got it running under Windows 7.

I hope you can improve the installation as done in the TeeChartNET3VSNET2008.exe file, so that the TChart control is not removed from the VB Toolbox and you get no problems if you change the target platform to 32 bits.

I think also that you should include in that file the actions done in the TeeRegV3.exe utility, that is easier for your customers, you get less software problem reports and you have a smaller risc to make errors in the documentation.

It is better to put the example code in the documentation directory of the user. You have it now in the Program Files (x86) directory which requires administration rights to compile the code.

As far as I remember, i did not execute file TeeChartNET3VSNET2008.exe with administrator rights and it was not asked after the start. May be you have less problems if you run it in administrator mode.

Thanks again for your help!

Best regards,

André Wolff

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi André,
acwolff wrote:No, there is no "View3D" statement in my code!
What exact TeeChart version are you using? Are you using different Teechart.dll s for the "new test application" than for the old projects?
acwolff wrote:I took me a long time to move my project from a 32bits Vista system to a 64 bits Windows 7 system, but with your highly appreciated help, I finally got it running under Windows 7.
I'm happy to hear that!
acwolff wrote:I hope you can improve the installation as done in the TeeChartNET3VSNET2008.exe file, so that the TChart control is not removed from the VB Toolbox and you get no problems if you change the target platform to 32 bits.
The problem installing the component into the toolbox is due to the Visual Express that we don't have installers for that IDEs.
acwolff wrote:I think also that you should include in that file the actions done in the TeeRegV3.exe utility, that is easier for your customers, you get less software problem reports and you have a smaller risc to make errors in the documentation.
The problem with TeeRegV3 probably was due to the administrator rights.
acwolff wrote:It is better to put the example code in the documentation directory of the user. You have it now in the Program Files (x86) directory which requires administration rights to compile the code.
We will check if that is convenient.
acwolff wrote:As far as I remember, i did not execute file TeeChartNET3VSNET2008.exe with administrator rights and it was not asked after the start. May be you have less problems if you run it in administrator mode.
Yes that's what we guess.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

acwolff

Post by acwolff » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi Yeray,

The TeeChart.dll file is dated 30-7-2009 18:03 version 3.5.3498.27368. I installed the package only once on a new PC so I am sure that there is only one version of TeeChart.dll on this PC.

If you think that the problems are caused because I did not run the installation as administrator, you better indicate that in the documentation or even better prevent that the user runs it without administrator rights.
The problem with TeeRegV3 probably was due to the administrator rights.
Yes, but you can avoid this by including TeeRegV3 at the end of the installation file and by asking automatically for administrator rights if you execute that file.

Again thanks for the help.

Best regards,

André Wolff

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:14 am

Hi André,

Thanks for your feedback. In that case could you please attach a simple example project we can run "as-is" with which we can reproduce the issue here and let us know the exact environment where we should do the tests?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

acwolff

Post by acwolff » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi Narcis,

I enclosed a file TestTeeChart_NaarSteema.zip which you can use to see the problem you see if you change the Active Solution platform in the Build/Configuration Manager from AnyCPU to x86 (32 bits application). I can reproduce the problem borth on a Windows 7 64 bits system and on a 32 bits Vista Ultimate system.

I had to remove the TeeChart.dll file from the project otherwise the file was > 512 kb.

Please let me know whether you see a solution for this problem.

Best regards,

André Wolff
Attachments
TestTeeChart_NaarSteema.zip
To test from AnyCPU to x86 problem
(389.58 KiB) Downloaded 720 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:54 am

Hi André,

Directly opening with notepad the Form1.Designer.vb file you've sent with the project, I can see the line "Me.TChart1.Aspect.View3D = False"
Anyway I've opened the project in Visula Basic 2008 Express, Win 7 x64, TeeChart v3. And I can see the chart both in designtime and runtime in 2D.

If you want to send us another project or more detailed instructions about how we should reproduce the issue in the project you've already sent, we'll be pleased to take another look at it. But, as you've also said and as you've already found a solution for your project and it could be something relative to your particular project, I'm not sure if we should insist more in this.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

acwolff

Post by acwolff » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:54 pm

Yeray,
I did not send the project to reproduce the error with the tatement Me.TChart1.Aspect.View3D = False !!

With this project you can see what happens if you change the Active Solution platform in the Build/Configuration Manager from AnyCPU to x86 (32 bits application)! You get then a lot of compiler errors like "Type 'Steema.TeeChart.TChart' is not defined" and "Name 'Steema' is not declared."

Regards,

André Wolff

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi André,

Thanks for the information. We checked your project in a 64-bit machine with Windows 7, Visual Basic 2008 Express and latest TeeChart for .NET v3 release available.

First of all we tested that a TeeChart for .NET v3 designtime license was correctly installed on that machine as I told you earlier on this thread. Then, when building your project we got an error. It was because it did not have licenses.licx. You should add this file from TeeChart's installation Utils folder (for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET v3\Utils) to your project and check that it's Build Action is set to Embedded resource. Finally building the application worked fine for us using either x86 or Any CPU in the Configuration Manager.

Can you please try following the steps I described? If this doesn't succeed please let us know where the process failed exactly.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

acwolff

Post by acwolff » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi Narcis,

I added the license file to my project and made an X86 build, but I still get the same errors.

However I have no idea what you mean By
and check that it's Build Action is set to Embedded resource
Could you please indicate where I should do that?

Regards,

Andé Wolff

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Hi André,

You can find it at the right-bottom, at the Properties window when selecting licenses.licx (find it in the Solution Explorer window):
Attachments
BuildAction.jpg
BuildAction.jpg (294.16 KiB) Viewed 18741 times
Best Regards,
Steema Software

acwolff

Post by acwolff » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi Narcis,

the setting of the build action was already set to Embedded Resource, but I still get the error messgaes if I change the project to X86:

Regards

André Wolff
Attachments
problem.gif
problem.gif (78.43 KiB) Viewed 18717 times

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:13 am

Hi André,

Can you please try installing latest TeeChart for .NET v3 release available at the client area?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

acwolff

Post by acwolff » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:18 am

Hi Narcis,

In the client area I see under Full Version Installer a TeeChart for .NET v3 Installer for Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2008. with a release date of 30th July 2009. I use that version already, so why should I install it again?

Or do you mean that I should download and run the Update Build Version Installer TeeChartNET3UpdateBuild.exe over my current TeeChart for .NET v3?

Please let me know!

Regards

André Wolff

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:29 am

Hi André,

You can try using the update build. However, the warning and errors in the image you sent says the project can not resolve TeeChart build 3.5.3146.24806. As you can see in the release notes this is a build much older than 30th July 2009. That's what makes me think your project may not be referencing correct TeeChart assembly. You may want to remove its TeeChart.dll reference, add 30th July build manually to the references section and check that AssemblyFolders in the registry don't point to an old TeeChart version. I also see the project name is different to the test project you sent. Did yo got the example project working fine at your end?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

acwolff

Post by acwolff » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi Narcis,

I installed on my Windows 7 system your build 3.5.3498.27368. This version nr is given in file release.txt in map C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET v3
But if I look in the Project References, the version indicated there is 3.5.3146.24806 which is not on my PC!

In the references I removed the reference to the TeeChart vs 3.5.3146.24806 and I added TeeChart Pro vs 3.5.3498.27368 and made a new build without problems (file licenses.licx was not in the project).

Next I changed via Build / Configuration manager the Active solution platform to X86 and I could rebuild the solution without problems and I could run it without problems!!

The are several thinks I do not understand:

1. If I install a new version of TeeChart for .NET should I in all project manually remove de reference to the TChart dll and add it manually again?

2. If I install a new version of TeeChart for .NET, should I first remove the old version via Configuration window/Programs?

3, In the client area it is said that the full version is released 30th July 2009, but in the release notes it is stated that the release notes are made 15 October 2009. So it is a newer release than 30th July 2009? This is very confusing for your customers!

4. Why is there also an Update build version on your site? Why is the full version not automatically the latest version?

5. What should I do to install the latest reliable version?