Bug in PDF Export?

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Raymond

Bug in PDF Export?

Post by Raymond » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:53 am

Hi,

I am running into some problems with exporting the chart to PDF.

1. After I draw line series onto the chart, then setting the line width to anything greater than 1, the line ends up getting drawn in black

2. After I draw bar series and set the gradient, when I export to PDF, the bar shows solid color instead of the gradient

Regards,
Raymond

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:13 am

Hi Raymond,

1. Yes, this is a known issue already in the wish list to be fixed as soon as possible (TV52011519).

2. You are right, it seems that the gradients aren't exported correctly to pdf. I've added it to the wish list.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Cyionics

Re: Bug in PDF Export?

Post by Cyionics » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:57 pm

It appears that the TV52011519 issue, "line series with width>1 always turn out black in PDF", is not yet fixed in the latest release, but I was surprised to see that the TeeChartOffice.exe available for download from

http://www.steema.com/products/teechart ... rview.html

does not have this problem, i.e. if the program is started, series style changed from bar to 2D line, width increased to 3, color set to red (color each turned off), and then exported as PDF the line remains red. I see that the exe's date is may 30th 2007. Did the PDF export not have that problem back than, or is it some combination of series properties that makes the problem appear/not appear (in other words maybe there is a workaround)?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:55 am

Hi Cyionics,

Yes you are right. I've added this noticeable tip in the ticket description so that may help to fix it and I've incremented the issue priority.
But I'm afraid that after testing it for a while, it doesn't make me think in any workaround. It seems a problem in the sources, not in any properties or series combination.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Cyionics

Post by Cyionics » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:41 pm

OK, thanks.