Collapsing x-axis for NaN data

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Nitin

Collapsing x-axis for NaN data

Post by Nitin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:53 am

Hi,

I have 10 data series. Say i have collected data from 09/01/2009 to 09/05/2009 for all the series. (Date format - MM/DD/YYYY)
Now i have NaN data for all the serieses from 09/02/2009 to 09/04/2009.
Now if i plot the data with x axis as the date time for each data point then there is a big gap in the UI.
It is a waste of space for us. What i need to do is, instead of plotting all the NaN data, i will only plot one NaN data point. That means, the x axis will be collapsed based on the data.
I am not able to do it if i am giving date time as the x axis value.
I have to provide increamental x axis value to achieve that. (Means 1,2,3,4.....)
But we cant assume the x values to be of equal interval. I mean, it may be possible that one data point is at 11:50:00 PM. Another may be at 11:55:00 PM. Next may be at 11:56:00 PM. In that case, i cant provide increamental values.
But without increamental values i am not able to collapse the x axis for all NaN data.
Please suggest me some way that i can follow.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Collapsing x-axis for NaN data

Post by Narcís » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:05 am

Hi Nitin,

We are planning on including "axis breaks" feature in future releases. In the meantime, the only solution I can think of is doing as you already reported. If not using sequential data and using your DateTime values instead would also mean having those gaps in the axis. An hybrid solution could be using sequential data as x values but using your DateTime values as point labels so that they are displayed as x axis labels.

An alternative could be breaking the series on each gap resulting in several series for each data period. Then you could use a custom horizontal axis for each series so that you could avoid having gaps.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Nitin

Post by Nitin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:11 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Please let me know when i can expect this scale break feature to be included as part of the TeeChart.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi Nitin,

You're welcome. It's too early to provide any estimate date but definitely this is something we are interested on implementing. I recommend you to be aware at this forum or subscribe to our RSS news feed for new release announcements and what's implemented on them.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum