Tchart 8 does'nt work after unstallation of Tchart 7

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Sciensoria

Tchart 8 does'nt work after unstallation of Tchart 7

Post by Sciensoria » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:27 am

Hello,
I currently have a problem with installation.
I downloaded Tchart 7 in 2007 for evaluation. The components worked well. In 2009, I've purchased Tchart 8, so the Evaluation Warning Message has dissapeared. The components continue to work well.
Recently, I have removed Tchart 7 Evaluation. After this, I'm not able to compile my programme, although Tchart 8 is already installed.
Could you explain me how to get it working again ? Should I unstall Tchart8 and reinstall it ?
Another question: Installing TChart 8 adds new Tabs, but the Tchart component is always in the supplement tab from Standard Delphi 5. Is this normal.

Thank you in advance.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tchart 8 does'nt work after unstallation of Tchart 7

Post by Narcís » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:48 am

Hi Sciensoria,
Could you explain me how to get it working again ? Should I unstall Tchart8 and reinstall it ?
This could be an option. If this doesn't help please let us know about any error message you may get.
Another question: Installing TChart 8 adds new Tabs, but the Tchart component is always in the supplement tab from Standard Delphi 5. Is this normal.
This makes me think your Delphi is still referencing an old TeeChart version. You should search at Project->Options->Packages and Project->Options->Directories/Conditionals->Search Path for old version references and make sure that new version paths are located on top of that list.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum