Exporting WMF

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Mikko Alaja

Exporting WMF

Post by Mikko Alaja » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:49 am

The WMF export doesn't seem to work properly anymore. The files created in this manner have a size of 0KB. We tried to use the code example provided by Steema to create a WMF image to the clipboard and then save it as a file, but the quality of the WMF produced in this way is of a lowly GIF level. Could it be that the WMF vector graphic files are created as raster files? Or have we screwed up somehow?

Has anyone else had this kind of problems? Does anyone know an answer?

Cheers,
Mikko

Christopher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Christopher » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:36 am

Hi Mikko,
The WMF export doesn't seem to work properly anymore. The files created in this manner have a size of 0KB. We tried to use the code example provided by Steema to create a WMF image to the clipboard and then save it as a file, but the quality of the WMF produced in this way is of a lowly GIF level. Could it be that the WMF vector graphic files are created as raster files? Or have we screwed up somehow?
No, this is a problem that has been reported before; I have now qualified the issue as 'extreme' urgency on our list of defects.
Thank you!

Christopher Ireland (Steema crew)
Please be aware of the newsgroup archives:
http://www.teechart.net/support/search.php
http://groups.google.com
http://codenewsfast.com/

Mikko Alaja

Latest release helped, but still problems

Post by Mikko Alaja » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:32 am

Excellent...! Installing the latest release helped with the WMF exporting problem and I am now able to create true vector graphic WMF image files.

But we noticed an another thing: If we use the X axis label as a "multiline" label and create a WMF image there's nothing on the second line of the multiline. But, if I create a GIF image, the second line of the label is showing correctly.

For example, if I have the first line of the X axis label showing the months (from 1 to 12) and the second line showing the year information ("2004"), there's no year in a WMF image but there is one in a GIF image.

Cheers,

Mikko

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:38 am

Hi Mikko,

I've just tried here using ths following simple code and works fine :

Code: Select all

private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
tChart1.Axes.Bottom.Labels.MultiLine = true;
bar1.Add(10,"Hello"+"\n"+"World");
}
private void button2_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
saveFileDialog1.ShowDialog();
tChart1.Export.Image.Metafile.Save(saveFileDialog1.FileName);
}
Which code are you using ?