Strange colors in control elements on Windows Vista

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Windwalker

Strange colors in control elements on Windows Vista

Post by Windwalker » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:14 am

Hello there,

I upgraded from TeeChart 4 to TeeChart 8.

Now I tested my charts unsing Windows Vista and I experienced some strange color behaviour.
In some of my charts (not all!), the control panels containing elements, like checkboxes etc, which are used to control the chart, are layered with a red background color.
This occurs only on Vista, on XP everything is fine.

I would greatly appreciate, if someone could give me a hint, to deduce the cause of this behaviour.
Thanks!

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi Windwalker,

If I understand correctly those controls are not chart editor controls, are they? If so, can you still reproduce this behaviour removing all TeeChart references from your application or a simple application without TeeChart?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Windwalker

Post by Windwalker » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:53 am

narcis wrote:Hi Windwalker,

If I understand correctly those controls are not chart editor controls, are they?
You're right.
narcis wrote: If so, can you still reproduce this behaviour removing all TeeChart references from your application or a simple application without TeeChart?

Thanks in advance.
To remove all TeeChart from the respective form would impose a lot of work, since nearly the whole code in this form works with the chart.

The application I am working on contains many Delphi VCL forms, some of them contain TeeChart instances.

The strange colors appear not on all forms that contain a chart, but on most.

So far, I have not been able to figure out the difference, which causes this behaviour.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:12 am

Hi Windwalker,

As you'll understand, we need to isolate the problem to identify it. Even more, we have to be sure that the problem is a TeeChart problem, and that's why Narcís suggested you to check if the problem still occurs in non TeeChart applications.

This is also why we use to ask our customers for "simple example projects we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here". Because it is easier for us focusing on the real problem.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy