CustomAxes

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
PoLabs

CustomAxes

Post by PoLabs » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi,

I'm working on project where I have to show several series on same chart and each series has own axis set (left and bottom) due to their properties.

1. When I create series and add it to chart which are default axes assigned for added series?

2. If I create custom axes and assign it to series custom horiz. and vert. axes I am not able to zoom into (mouse) selected area on chart like before with default assigned axes to series. How can I resolve that.

3. I don't know if this kind of solution is optimal while each series has custom axes (it also decreases performance). Is it possible to use default axes set (bottom, left) and then show several series on same graph with aspect that each series could have different scaling of values? Imagine 4 channel oscilloscope where we show 4 signals on same chart at same time, but every channel has own Volt/div. That means we use all time same axes set but oscilloscope is scaling series to proper V/div. So is possible to keep real values in data arrays and scale series only graphicaly.

I hope I was clear enough, while I could sometimes complicate things very well. ;)

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards,
Aljosa

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:51 am

Hi PoLabs,

I think you have explained it simple and clear. Another thing will be if I'm able to understand it or not ;)

Seriously...

1. The default axis that are assigned automatically for the most common series are "left" and "bottom" axis.

2. Yes, the problem is that the events only work by default with the default axes (left, right, top, bottom and depth). So, if you use custom axes, you should zoom manually by code. Here there are some tips you'll need:
- Zooming & Scrolling article
- Custom axes do not zoom. Any solutions? FAQ

3. I'm afraid that you will need different axes for different scales as each series is drawn using its axis. I think that you will only be able to economize axes if two or more series share the same scale for horizontal or vertical axis.

If I'm not clear at any point, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll try to explain it better.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

PoLabs

answer

Post by PoLabs » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:00 am

Hi,

I see you understood my problem. ;) Thank you for your answers now it will be easier for me to implement some features in our project.

Thanks again.

Aljosa