One Axis line not shown

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Cogito

One Axis line not shown

Post by Cogito » Tue May 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Hello,

I use a line chart and have defined axis under the Ticks tab for the bottom axis as solid line. Also I've defined a fixed minimum and maximum value for scale for the left axis (min: 85; max: 130). The problem is now, that the chart doesn't show me the top line (beside the value 130) of my chart and I doesn't find an option to correct that. The highest value which is shown is 127, maybe therefore the chart component doesn't show the line?! Could anybody help me?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue May 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Hi Cogito,

Please, could you send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here?
You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Cogito

Post by Cogito » Wed May 27, 2009 7:09 am

9348257 wrote:Hi Cogito,

Please, could you send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here?
You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.
OK, I've created a short sample and uploaded it. You can see the effect, because the line beside the value 130 is not shown...

By the way there's another definition problem in another chart. I use also a bar chart and want to show the bar values above the bars, but the distance between the value and the bar is quite big. Which parameter do I have to adjust to correct this distance?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed May 27, 2009 8:50 am

Hi Cogito,

1. I can see in your table a minimum for Reihe1 as 72,471 (OID 137). And other values lower to 85 (concretely starting at OID 131). I think you should revise it, set left axis as automatic or call SetMinMax to adjust your Left axis.

2. I think you are looking for something like this:

Code: Select all

Series1.Marks.ArrowLength := 5;
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Cogito

Post by Cogito » Wed May 27, 2009 10:15 am

9348257 wrote:Hi Cogito,

1. I can see in your table a minimum for Reihe1 as 72,471 (OID 137). And other values lower to 85 (concretely starting at OID 131). I think you should revise it, set left axis as automatic or call SetMinMax to adjust your Left axis.

2. I think you are looking for something like this:

Series1.Marks.ArrowLength := 5;
I can't define left axis as automatic, because it's a requirement from the user! He wants to have one line under and above the chart.
I've the same behaviour in a bar chart but in this chart it works... :roll:

Edit: As you can see, the values under 85 are for another product (another ISIN), therefore these are shown in another chart...

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed May 27, 2009 11:56 am

Hi Cogito,

If now I understand better, you mean that the grid line at 130 isn't drawn and you want it, isn't it? If so, you could do add more maximum offset as follows:

IndexChart.Axes.Left.MaximumOffset := 10;
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software