TeeChart v7 PDF export problems

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Geren

TeeChart v7 PDF export problems

Post by Geren » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:49 pm

Hi,
I'm using Teechart 7 with Delphi 6
I have a couple of problems with the PDF export:
1. I have an area series which has an X value > Bottom Axis Maximum
The shaded region in the pdf export extends through the RH margin to the edge of the page.
2. A 2D Pie Chart exports fine - but when I change this to 3D the marks text is outside of the labels.

Exporting both of these charts to SVG, JPEG and BMP formats is fine.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Geren

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:11 am

Hi.
The shaded region in the pdf export extends through the RH margin to the edge of the page.
Ok, a confirmed problem. The problem is the clipping code implemented in PDF canvas is not called in all cases meaning in some cases the clipping will not occur and you'll end up with object shown over the clipping rectangle. A temporary solution might be to call the Chart.Canvas.ClipRectangle(Rect) in the Chart OnBeforeDrawAxes (or Series) event and then Chart.Canvas.UnClipRectangle in Chart OnAfterDraw event. This will insert the appropriate clipping sequence in the pdf export code and hopefully fix the problem.
2D Pie Chart exports fine - but when I change this to 3D the marks text is outside of the labels.
A confirmed bug. I'll try to fix it for next maintenance release.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

Geren

Post by Geren » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:02 pm

Hi,
call the Chart.Canvas.ClipRectangle(Rect) in the Chart OnBeforeDrawAxes (or Series) event and then Chart.Canvas.UnClipRectangle in Chart OnAfterDraw event
- this works on the area series export

Thanks,
Geren

Falk

PDF Export problems with background images

Post by Falk » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:05 pm

I'am using Delphi7 with TeeChart v. 7.04.

The export (via Chart-Editor or TeeSaveToPDFFile) without back image wirks fine, but if a back image is included, the created pdf is erroneous. (I tried to open it with Adobe Acrobat 5)

Is there any chance, to export a chart with back image as pdf?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:42 am

Hi Falk,

Using TeeChart Pro v7.04 VCL here it works fine. I get the same results exporting to PDF with or without background image. Could you please send us an example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here? You can post it at [url]news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments[/url].
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:37 pm

Hi, Falk.

It appears the problem/bug was in TPDFCanvas.ClipRectangle method. In this method the temporary string variable was not reset to emty string. I've fixed and exporting works fine now.
If you are source code customer then I can send you new updated unit - in this case just email me at "marjan at steema dot com" and I'll send you updated TeePDFCanvas.pas.
Marjan Slatinek,