Problems after install of TC Pro VCL 8.04 in CodeGear 2009

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Maximiliam

Problems after install of TC Pro VCL 8.04 in CodeGear 2009

Post by Maximiliam » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:53 pm

After installing TeeChart Pro VCL 8.04 in CodeGear Delphi 2009 (fresh new install without any other components) on XPP (SP3)

Opened new project, then compile, the following error comes

[DCC Fataler Fehler] E2202 Package 'TEE' wird benötigt, konnte aber nicht gefunden werden

How could it be corrected.
Thanks for a good tip.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:21 am

Hi Maximilian,

Most likely your problem is something similar to this:

http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtopic.php?t=6755
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Maximiliam

Post by Maximiliam » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:07 pm

Hello Narcis,

Thank you for your answer.
I have done the following things:

1) uninstalled all components
2) uninstalled BDS 2009 completely, cleaned the registry and the directories
3) rebooted
4) installed BDS 2009 enterprise completely
until there everything was working, I could create new projects and compile them, no problem

5) installed TeeChart8.04Delphi2009.exe
and then the same error message struck again:

[DCC Fataler Fehler] E2202 Package 'TEE' wird benötigt, konnte aber nicht gefunden werden

6) I installed the TeeChart Sources and compiled again.
Did not help at all, still the same error message on compiling a new project

What can I do? is there another possibility of correcting it?
Thanks for a good advice.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:38 am

Hi Maximiliam,

Even the error messaged doesn't seem to provide a complete package name, this gives me the impression that your RAD Studio 2009 is either trying to load TeeChart standard packages included with it or new v8 Pro packages when the other has already been loaded. When you get this error message you could try doing the following:

1. Run RAD Studio 2009.
2. Go to Project->Default Options->Delphi->Packages and check that no TeeChart standard packages are enabled and that new TeeChart Pro packages are enabled.
3. Then, in the same dialog, at Resource Compiler->Directories and Conditionals->Include Search Path make sure that new version "Bin" and "Lib" folders are on *top* of the list and close this dialog.
4. Go to Tools->Options->Environment Options->Delphi Options->Library - Win32->Library path also check that "Bin" and "Lib" folders are on *top* of that list.
5. At the same dialog, go to Environment Options->C++ Options->Paths and Directories and check that "Include" and "Lib" folders are on *top* of Include Path and Library Path lists respectively and close the dialog.

If this doesn't help don't hesitate to let us know indicating any error message that may appear.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Maximiliam

Post by Maximiliam » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:12 pm

Hello Narcis

Thanks for the quick answer.

I did the following:

1. Run RAD Studio 2009.

2. Go to Project->Default Options->Delphi->Packages and check that no TeeChart standard packages are enabled and that new TeeChart Pro packages are enabled.

Only TChart Pro 8 Components and TeeTree 2 Components are visible and checked. No TChart Standard Components visible.

3. Then, in the same dialog, at Resource Compiler->Directories and Conditionals->Include Search Path make sure that new version "Bin" and "Lib" folders are on *top* of the list and close this dialog.

Moved "Bin" andd "Lib" on *top* of the list, they were on bottom

4. Go to Tools->Options->Environment Options->Delphi Options->Library - Win32->Library path also check that "Bin" and "Lib" folders are on *top* of that list.

There were only the "Lib"-Paths there.
Moved them to *top*
Added the "Bin" Paths and moved them to *top*

5. At the same dialog, go to Environment Options->C++ Options->Paths and Directories and check that "Include" and "Lib" folders are on *top* of Include Path and Library Path lists respectively and close the dialog.

Moved the "Lib" path to *top*

Then Closes the Dialog. Closed CodeGear 2009 and started again.
The problem with the error message is still there when I try to compile a new project

[DCC Fatal Error] E2202 Package 'TEE' is needed, but could not be found

What else could I do to resolve this problem.

It is very strange that everything is ok with a fresh install of BDS2009 Enterprise. I an compile with no problems even with TeeChart Standard component. As soon as I install the "TeeChart8.04Delphi2009.exe " this problem emerges.

I also tried to install BDS2009 Enterprise on a new machine, no Problem. After installing the "TeeChart8.04Delphi2009.exe " on this new machine the same problem comes again.

Thanks for your help.
Best regards

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi Maximiliam,

At Project -> Options -> Packages do you have the "Build with runtime packages" option enabled?

If so you could try removing TEE from the list.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Maximiliam

Post by Maximiliam » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:35 pm

Hello Narcis,

Thanks for the answer.

"Build with runtime Packages" is enabled.
There is no "TEE" in the list

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:49 pm

Hello Maximiliam,

This is very strange. We haven't heard of any other client with those problems and this installer works fine for us here.

Have you tried installing the packages running TeeRecompile tool included with the source code installer?

Could you also send us a RAD Studio 2009 project so that we can check it here and see if we can find anything strange in the project file?

You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Maximiliam

Post by Maximiliam » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:07 pm

Hello Narcis

Thank you for your support.

I have tried to recompile with the full source.
No effect.
I have uploaded a test project in a zip with the name "Maximiliam_Test_Proj.zip " to your server via the upload page.

It happens with any project, new or old. As soon as I want to compile it, the error message shows up.

Thanks in advance
Best regards

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi Maximiliam,

Thanks for the example project.

When trying to build your example project in Delphi 2009 I got this error message:

[DCC Fatal Error] E2202 Required package 'fs12' not found

Removing this package from the "Build with runtime packages" list solved the problem.

Same happened with several other fs* and fr* packages. Moreover, editing Project1.dproj with a text editor I found fsTee12 and frxTee12 packages. I guess they are FastReports packages. Are they FastReports for TeeChart packages?

If that's the case this may be the problem with your environment. It could be that your FastReports for TeeChart packages have not been compiled with your Delphi, FastReports and TeeChart combinations and hence this error on failing to load them. Most likely those FastReports are still looking for TeeChart standard packages and since they are no longer installed they are producing this error.

You could try disabling FastReports for TeeCharts packages and try openning and compiling your projects again. If this solves the problem we will have already isolated it. In that case you should have to upgrade your FastReports for TeeChart in a similar fashion as suggested in the QuickReport article here. You may also want to do a search in this forum for FastReports related messages from other users.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Steema Software