TeePDFCanvas.obj and TeeChart 8.04

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
MikeD

TeePDFCanvas.obj and TeeChart 8.04

Post by MikeD » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:42 pm

I am currently attempting to integrate TeeChart 8.04 into my C++ 2009 projects. When I process the linker for the DLL that contains the call to TPDFCanvas, I get a linkage error as follows:

[ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'TEEPDFCANVAS.OBJ'

Just to be sure that all was installed corrected, I removed TChart from the components and then added them back in after restarting the IDE. I still got the linkage error.

I am doing a Runtime Link of the modules, and they are being linked into a DLL.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:10 am

Hi MikeD,

At C++ Builder 2009 you should check that paths are set correctly for v8.04. Go to Tools->Options->Environment Options->Environment Variables->User overrides please check that TEEINCPATH and TEELIBPATH variables point to v8.04's Include and Lib folders respectively. Then, at Tools->Options->Environment Options->C++ Options->Paths and Directories check that $(TEEINCPATH) is in the Include path list and that $(TEELIBPATH) and $(TEELIBPATH)\Obj are in the Library path list.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

MikeD

Post by MikeD » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:44 pm

I did all of this before. Just to be on the safe side, I did as you asked.

I still get the missing Object file on the link.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi MikeD,

Could you please send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here?

You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

MikeD

Post by MikeD » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:55 pm

I'll see what I can do. I will try a few other things first just to make sure. I want to make sure that all the old stuff got cleaned out of the projects and to make sure everything is set up correctly.

MikeD

Post by MikeD » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:58 pm

I have uploaded a test case for you. It is called TestCase34357.zip. I also added one more linkage problem to the test case. Here are the needed instructions problem replication:

1. Create a new directory.
2. Copy the contents of the zip file to the new directory. Be sure to keep the file and directory structure intact.
3. Start the C++ 2009 Personality and navigate to the new directory and select the "RGS Version 8.groupproj" to be opened. There will be two DLLs in the project.
------------------- problem number 1
4. Do a MAKE on the DLLV8Publishing.dll project. The processing will compile the programs and then fail with the "Unable to open file TEEPDFCANVAS.OBJ".
------------------- problem number 2
5. Do a MAKE on the DLLV8Reports.dll project. The processing will compile the programs and then have several unresolved externals (such as "Teegif::TGIFExportFormat::".

If I am doing something wrong here, please let me know. I have tried everything I can think of. I have looked inside the projects and have verified every setting in the environment.

Should you need anything else, please let me know.

MikeD

Post by MikeD » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:46 pm

Just another note. I tried removing the project (DLL) and rebuilding it (New DLL and then adding the source files). The result is the same as before, so it does not appear to be something left over in the project.

MikeD

Status

Post by MikeD » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:40 pm

Is there any status regarding this problem?

Thanks,

MikeD

Status of the Problem

Post by MikeD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:38 pm

I realize that you are in the midst of a lot of new behaviour problems with the version 4 update. What I am trying to do is to plan out what I am going to do with my product updates and releases.

Since I have TeeChart embedded in my product, it is necessary for me to have a working copy of TeeChart to move forward. At present I can only use V02 and therefore I am locked on the old CodeGear C++ 2007. I need to move forward to the new the 2009 version as quickly as possible but this requires a working interface for TeeChart, and that would be V04.

Since I have posted the test case you requested, I have not had any communications. I would assume that this is due to a high number of support requests and other related activities. I can understand and appreciate this. However, I do not know if you have even duplicated the problem or been able to get to it.

Please, when you get a chance could you give me any kind of status information regarding this situation. While I would prefer a fix, what I really need is some idea of when I can expect a fix to this problem so I can establish some update and release schedules.

Thanks,

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:44 pm

Hi MikeD,

We have been testing your project and resolved the TeePDFCanvas.obj error just checking that TEEINCPATH and TEELIBPATH are set as described in previous post. Please check that on those variables are on *top* of the list and that no other TeeChart paths exists. Then, instead of doing "Make" please try doing "Build". Doing so eliminated that error but we got another non-TeeChart related error with your code:

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '__fastcall Graphics::GetDIB(void *, void *, void *, void *)' referenced from C:\TEMP\TESTCASE34357\DLL PUBLISHING\OBJECT\DRAWCANVAS.OBJ

For the unresolved external references errors, it's most likely that you need to include the units for supporting those features in your project. Please have a look at the new features demo, at the exporting examples at All Features\Welcome!\Exporting\Chart Picture. In the examples source code you'll see necessary units for each exporting option.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

MikeD

Post by MikeD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:13 pm

Thanks for the information. I followed your instructions to the letter and I still get the missing file message: Unable to open file 'TEEPDFCANVAS.OBJ'.

I have double checked all the path statements. I have checked the variables as you described. I have moved the variables to the top of the list. I have searched the project for anything that could be related to this and I have found nothing. I did a program search looking for TeeChart variables in the projects themselves and I have found nothing. I looked at the system information and did not see any global variables that might be causing the problem.

As for your linker error. I do not get this error and these units are included by Make/Build processing. It is possible you are getting this error before getting the Missing File error that I see.

Is it possible there is some interference from other installed versions of CodeGear? I currently have 2006, 2007, and 2009 installed on the same system.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed on this?

MikeD

Post by MikeD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:00 pm

I spent some time on this and I was able to correct the processing so that it now links.

What I had to do makes no sense to me and has nothing to do with any of the variables or settings. Some of the problems had to do with some settings that were most like ignored in previous releases. Some of the other problems were for no logical reason.

I hope that no one else has these kind of problems because they will cause you to pull your hair out. Thanks for your help on this.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:31 am

Hi MikeD,

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear you solved those problems.
Best Regards,
Steema Software