TeeChart 7.12 - order

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
jozsef.toth@analytix.hu

TeeChart 7.12 - order

Post by jozsef.toth@analytix.hu » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi All,

I have a problem with ordering TChart values (TeeChart 7.12 with Delphi 2007). I need to order yvalues in a horizontal bar chart, and writed the code below:

chart.Series.YValues.Order := loDescending;

It won't work. Nothing happens. I tried to refresh chart and series as well, no use. Sorting by labels works good though.

What can be the problem, how can I make that sort work?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Toto

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:14 am

Hi Toto,

You should ValueLists order before populating series. Are you using it this way?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

jozsef.toth@analytix.hu

TeeChart 7.12 - order

Post by jozsef.toth@analytix.hu » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi Narcís,

I am afraid don't really know what you mean. But guess you mean I should set valuelist order, before fill the series, don't you.

It works only once. Doesn't matter if I fill the series data and set order or set order first then fill data. It works.

But: I need to do this ordering by checking some radio buttons on the client side without refreshing data from the database (means I don't want to clear series values and add them again). That's the real problem.

The user can play with this radio buttons (ASC/DESC) and the chart should have to refresh its values each time according to the last order that was set. So in these cases the order property changes, but nothing happens beyond that. The chart look does not change.

Any idea?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi Toto,
I am afraid don't really know what you mean. But guess you mean I should set valuelist order, before fill the series, don't you.

Yes, exactly. That's what I meant.
The user can play with this radio buttons (ASC/DESC) and the chart should have to refresh its values each time according to the last order that was set. So in these cases the order property changes, but nothing happens beyond that. The chart look does not change.
In that case you may need to use Sort and FillSequence methods as in the examples Marjan posted here.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum