Getting crash while plotting line series in real Time mode

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Abhijit

Getting crash while plotting line series in real Time mode

Post by Abhijit » Thu May 29, 2008 9:23 am

Hi ,

I am using TeeChart5.ocx to plot the line and the histogram series.

I have 2 approches to plot series,

1 . User define (In this user can set the interval to update the series) : I am doing this by setting timer interval suppose 1 sec to update series....

2 . RealTime(I am passing data as it to control to plot line series) so not getting enough time

In the User define mode I am setting some interval to update series so teeChart get some time to plot the series initially . So Its working fine..

But in the Real Time mode a lot of data coming on the network fastly i need to plot as is in the TeeChart control at that time only . that time only I am getting crash .... (Stack overflow)....

If I put some initial delay in the Real Time mode series is working fine .. I don't want this delay solution to implement .. So could you please help me if any time you have faced this problem in the line series.....

Note : With the Histogram series Its working fine without putting delay in real time mode...

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu May 29, 2008 9:51 am

Hi Abhijit,

Could you please send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here?

You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Also please notice that current TeeChart Pro ActiveX version is v8. You might be interested in checking if v8 solves the problem at your end. You can download the fully functional evaluation version here. It includes a set of tools to automatically upgrade applications using previous versions of TeeChart.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Abhijit

Post by Abhijit » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:41 am

Hi ,

Today I will prepare sample and send it to you .. Meanwhile Could you please let me know , In the TeeChart5 which TeeChart event you prefered to write the draw line or histogram series procedure..

Means In which TeeChart event you will call AddXY method to draw the series..

Regards
Abhijit nimbalkar

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:20 am

Hi Abhijit,

You can do it in dialog's initialization, show or load events. If you are using a realtime application you may also do that in a timer event.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Abhijit

Post by Abhijit » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:06 am

Thanks for reply .... but I want the Teechart event where I can call my Draw procedure....

E.g TeeChart have multiple events like, these are the teeChart events that I have implemented in my code

//[ANI
ON_EVENT(CSfxStatisticsView, IDC_TCHART, 20, CSfxStatisticsView::OnMouseMoveTchart1, VTS_I4 VTS_I4 VTS_I4)
ON_EVENT(CSfxStatisticsView, IDC_TCHART, 19, CSfxStatisticsView::OnMouseDownTchart1, VTS_I4 VTS_I4 VTS_I4 VTS_I4)
ON_EVENT(CSfxStatisticsView, IDC_TCHART, 21, CSfxStatisticsView::OnMouseUpTchart1, VTS_I4 VTS_I4 VTS_I4 VTS_I4)

so like these events is there any event teeChart5.ocx supports where I can call my series draw procedure (safely)....

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi Abhijit,

You can use mouse related events for populating chart's series if you want. However, the most common ways are the one's I told you or on button click events.
Best Regards,
Steema Software