teechart ocx v4 and v8 installed

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Icon-User

teechart ocx v4 and v8 installed

Post by Icon-User » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:23 am

Hi,

We are developing a Powerbuilder application using TeeChart8.ocx (8.0.0.3 ).However, this client application needs to be installed on a PC that has another application which uses teechart.ocx (4.0.1.0).

The old client with version 4 works with both teechart.ocx registered...

In the client application with version 8 I get always a "DAX" Error message ( access violation).
If I unregister the old version 4 it works.

Thanks,
Thomas

Icon-User

Post by Icon-User » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:32 pm

here is the error message:
DAX Error
Access violation at address 0DA93810 in module 'TeeChart8.ocx'.
Read of address 00000010.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:25 am

Hi Thomas,

please confirm that TeeChart4.ocx was registered in the machine before version 8. Version 8, when installed , will check for older versions of teeChart and modify the default ocx flagged in the registry of the machine. That will affect, for example, a default Chart creation that is not fixed to a specific TeeChart version GUID ... an ambiguous line would, eg, be: myChart = new TeeChart.TChart. That would take the current TChart if not fixed as resource in a project, current being last registered version. Otherwise, you can fix creation by version. eg. myChart = new TeeChart.TChart.8. That may not be the cause of the problem, I'm not familiar with the exact syntax or setup used in Powerbuilder, but please check these elements as factors.

Icon-User

Post by Icon-User » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:15 am

Hi,

I confirm that teechart.ocx (version4) was registered in the machine before teechart8.ocx.
For a test I unregistered both versions and after this I registered version 4 and version8.
After this it works for the first time (open screen with version8, draw, close screen), but shortly after I get again the dax error messages...

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:26 am

Hi Thomas,

ok. We need more information to be able to find where the problem is.
With respect to my previous post, which code are you using to create the TeeChart object in both apps ? Have you tried to use the line specifying the version (in case for v 8) : myChart = new TeeChart.TChart.8 ?

In case you still getting the same error, would you be so kind to send us two sample apps with which we can see the code you're using and be able reproduce the problem here ?

You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.