excel problems

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
psc

excel problems

Post by psc » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:31 am

Hi, I'm new to the whole TeeChart world and seem to have run into a problem immediately...

I am unable to run the macro in the Excel example "TeeChart Pro Inserted Into Excel.xls" as I get a "Cant find project or library" error in the line Tchart1.AddSeries (scBar)

I am assuming that excel is unable to find the "scBar" definition. If I check the project References the I can see that TeeChart Pro Activex Control v6 is checked. However, there is also another Reference called "MISSING:" which does not fill me with confidence....

Can anyone please help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:20 pm

Hi Fraser,

most likely this is an issue caused by MS Office temporary files. MS Office creates a temporary type library file for controls used in its documents.

The temporary files are normally housed in: (for example)
C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Local Settings\Temp\Word8.0
or
C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Local Settings\Temp\Excel8.0 as TeeChart.exd.

Office is unable to distinguish between versions of TeeChart although the CLSIDs between versions are different. If the temporary file exists for a prior version of TeeChart then Office does not act accordingly by creating a different temporary file, it simply dismisses use of the new version as being incorrect. The solution is to delete the temporary file TeeChart.exd.
The new version of the Control can then be inserted without a problem. Office creates a new temporary file the first time the Control is inserted.

psc

Post by psc » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:38 am

Hi Pep, thanks for your response.

I tried deleting the .exd file as you suggested but unfortunately the problem remains.

I'm still running Office 97 on NT - my employers choice, not mine! - please dont tell me I need to upgrade?

any other suggestions warmly received!

thanks again,

Fraser

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:56 am

Hi Fraser,

does this happens in another machines ?