Minimum Time Span To Be Visible?

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Aaron Peronto

Minimum Time Span To Be Visible?

Post by Aaron Peronto » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:35 pm

I'm going to try to describe our problem as best I can.

I have a graph of filtered data that is all time series data. Time is plotted on the X axis.
The time period on the X axis is 1 month (11/1/2007 - 11/30/2007).

We have noticed that there are line segments that exist in this graph that are NOT visible until the user zooms in on the graph. These line segments span over periods as small as 1-2 minutes or as long as 10-14 minutes long but still do NOT show up until I zoom in on those sections of the graph where I expect to see data.

Is this normal? Is there any way to force at least a point to be drawn on the graph so that the user knows there will be more data at that location?

We are just worried that the user will typically not know where to expect this data to show up. That's why they are plotting it, to see where it is. If they do not know that they should zoom in on some particular part of the graph, they would never see this data and never know that it was there.

I can provide screen shots of the graph zoomed out and then zoomed in to show the data.

Let me know if you have any ideas about this.

Thanks.
Aaron Peronto

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:40 pm

Hi Aaron,

Are you using DrawAllPoints property or DownSamplig function on this project? You'll find examples of those features at All Features\Welcome !\Speed\Fast Line Speed DrawAll and
All Features\Welcome !\Functions\Extended\Reducing number of points respectively in the features demo, available at TeeChart's program group.

If this doesn't help screenshots or, even better, a sample project we can run "as-is" would be very helpful to reproduce the problem here.

You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Aaron Peronto

Post by Aaron Peronto » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:42 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was not using a FastLine series in this graph so DrawAllPoints was not an issue.
Also I was not using any down sampling functions on the data.
What I did do that seems to have helped this matter was upgraded to the very latest release (jan 24th).
This was a big upgrade for us since we were still running version 2 due to some time issues with testing the new versions and a few minor issues we had run into when we first tried to make the move to version 3.

This new version appears to be displaying at least a point indication everywhere that we expect to see data on this graph.

Thanks again for the reply.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the information. I'm glad to hear that.

If you could still reproduce the problem please give us some information on how to reproduce it here.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum