Internationalization issues

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
selectric

Internationalization issues

Post by selectric » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:08 pm

Hello Steema,
we are trying to internationalize (show both data on a graph and graph controls in several languages - Russian, German, French, Spanish as weel as show dates in localized format on charts) the portion of our system that uses teechart. I have perused your forum but could not find a systematic explanation of what it takes to change the language on a graph and the menues on the graph controls say from English to German. It is not clear to me what the difference is between Multilanguage ocx and unicode ocx and multilanguage unicode ocx versions. The examples provided with the unicode version only show graph headings and series titles in different languages while the graph controls are still in English. Could you point me in the right direction please.
Thanks,
Anguel

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:35 am

Hi Anguel,

Multilanguage versions allow interface languages support, while unicode versions support displaying unicode texts in the chart so I think the best choice for you would be the multilanguage unicode version. Please notice that latest v8.0.0.3 multilanguage unicode version is not ready yet but will be posted at the client area very soon.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

selectric

A little more info please

Post by selectric » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:14 pm

Hello Narcís,
Thanks for the clarification about the different versions. We are still evaluating what is possible at this point and it would be very useful if there was an example of the process of showing a non-english interface and non-english text in the graph. Is something like that possible with the current unicode/multilanguage version while we wait for the 8.* version? It still seems counter-intuitive to me to have a version say multilanguage showing the interface in Russian which is not able to show Russian in the graph(because it is not Unicode).

Thanks in advance,
Anguel

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi Anguel,

Here is a screenshot of a multilanguage + unicode version running in a Korean machine. Sorry, but we don't have any Russian machine at the moment.

Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy