top and right chart boarders

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
rperkins

top and right chart boarders

Post by rperkins » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:30 pm

have somehow "lost" the top and right chart border lines.

chart was originally 1/4 of the screen, but changed to lower 1/2. after the change, the top and right chart border lines are gone. tried changing the margin, and enabling/disabling the Top and Right Axis and Titles.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:53 pm

Hi rperkins,

Could you please send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here and let us know what do you exactly expect from it?

You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

rperkins

Post by rperkins » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:10 pm

uploaded a file called TimePlot.doc to the upload site.

there are 2 screen captures in the document. the first has 3 charts - the one i'm working with is the lower right - called Time Plot. note that it has top and right borders. created a PageControl (2 tab) object to replace the 2 charts. moved the Time Plot to one of the tabs. after that - nothing changed in the Chart settings - and the top and right chart borders no longer display, as can be seen on the 2nd screen capture.

let me know if this is enough, or if you want me to send the source files.

pbt.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:09 am

Hi rperkins,

We really need more info to reproduce the problem. So, please, tell us with more accuracy what you exactly change when activating the tab or send us the source.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

rperkins

Post by rperkins » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:26 pm

really, nothing more than "cut" and "paste". initially, created a separate tab and had 5 charts on 1 tab, and the "problem child" on the 2nd tab. couldn't get spacing and background colors to function properly, so changed to 2 panels using hide/show. still, nothing more than "cut" and "paste" in moving the 1 chart to the 2nd panel.

i've uploaded a zip file containing the charts to the Steema upload site. it's called MultiViewForm.zip. on the form, you'll see the 5 charts. you'll have to make the front panel not be "aClient" aligned so that the front panel can be moved, this exposing the "problem chart".

i'm sure there's some simple setting (or combination) on the chart that'll make the top and right chart borders re-appear. i've tried changing several settings with no luck (each time, at the end, returning to a saved version).

let me know of any suggested settings. in the meantime, i'll keep trying as well.

thanks,

rperkins

Post by rperkins » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:18 pm

this is very bizarre. i went into the main application and copied the chart, called chtDetValue. created a new application. added a panel to the form (just like the main app), and pasted the chart onto the panel. running the test app, the lines are there. then, i added the chart title position function (which centers the title over the graph), and still the lines are there. copied the entire chart from the test app, deleted the one in the main app, and pasted the test app version. now, the lines are gone.

the function that i sent earlier (MultiProfileView.cpp) is the only function that does anything with any part of the chart (verified with a search of the code). it sets the left and bottom axis titles and ranges. it also creates and deletes different series on the chart.

for the moment, i created 2 lines (Borland shapes) - called topLine and rightLine. in the chart resize event handler, i got the coordinates of the ChartRect and set the position and width for the topLine shape and position and height for the rightLine shape appropriately. this is working, so i can pass the code on to the test department, but would like to figure out why the chart lines aren't being shown/drawn.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:39 am

Hi rperkins,

Thank you very much for sending your form. But, as you can understand, we don't have all the components you are using in your project and this is an obstacle to test your application here.

So, it would be better if you could send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy