Activex8 in VS6 vs Activex8 in VS 2005

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
arice

Activex8 in VS6 vs Activex8 in VS 2005

Post by arice » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:14 pm

I'm working in C++. I notice that if I add the TeeChart Activex control in VS6 using "Add to Project/Components and Controls" that I am presented with a tidy and complete list of classes and when programming I have easy and quick access to all functions, properties and members of the control.

However, when I add TeeChart control into VS 2005 right click on my dialog, Insert ActiveX Control and am presented with several TeeChart options, ChartGrid, ChartGridNavigator ... Pro ActiveX control v8 ...

When I choose TeeChart Pro Activex control v8 and add a member variable to it, the member variable does not give me the same level of access to the control as does a member variable added while programming in VS 6.

Exactly how am I supposed to add this control to VS 2005? And, can anyone tell from what I've described if I'm doing anything wrong?

Basicaly if you imagine I've been coding in assembly for the past 20 years and just started with this Visual Studio stuff you might get a feel for my confusion and frustration.

Thanks.

Al

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:39 am

Hi Al,

TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX includes examples in both environments. You'll find them at:

C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX Control\Examples\Visual Studio .NET\Vc++
C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX Control\Examples\Visual C++

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

arice

Post by arice » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:33 pm

Well, thanks, I had already looked at those. However, it is my firm belief that your "Examples\Visual Studio .NET\Vc++\Dragging Points" project was simply converted to VS 2005 by loading in the example project from the "Examples\Visual C++\Version 6\Dragging Points" project.

The TeeChart Pro ActiveX control seems to function differently when the project is converted from a VS6 project as opposed to starting a VS2005 C++ project from scratch.

Any comments?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:29 pm

Hi arice,

Yes, the example where converted as you say but it should be the same creating a new project. If you are finding any difference please let us know.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

marathoner

Post by marathoner » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:24 pm

To generate the wrapper classes in VS2005, you should go to ClassView, right click on the name of the project, and select Add-->Class.

Under categories, Select Visual C++.
Under template, select "MFC Class from Typelib", press "Add" button.

Select "TeeChart Pro ActiveX Control v8<1.0>" under "Available Type Libraries".

Press ">>" button, and select "Finish" button. All of the classes should now be added to your project.