HELP - Can't install

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
nitin

HELP - Can't install

Post by nitin » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Hi,

I tried to install TC8pro with D2007. It doesn't work - I continously get errors regarding incompatible versions (XYZ-unit FastReport: Unit Tee XYZ is compiled with a different version of TeeZYX).

So it seems TC still compiles with old versions (maybe the default version?) I tried to install the sources - but the install.txt of the latest installer is quite poor:

I compiled all packages and copied the resulting bpl-files into windows\system32.

Next, according to the install.txt I should install "DclTeeProxx.bpl" - for Delphi 2007 this would be "DclTeePro11.bpl". Well - the only result that came from the compilation was "DclTeePro811.bpl" - and this file can't be installed into Delphi 2007 as it is no runtime library (delphi claims that when I try to install it).

So... how do I get TC pro installed properly so that Fast Report works with it? I recompiled Fast report from the scratch but it seems Delphi is still accessing wrong files...

Please - how do I install TeeChart and make sure, that there's nothing left from the basic version?

Best regards

Mark

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:07 am

Hi guzial,

Please read this thread on how to install TeeChart and Fast Reports.

Regarding TeeChart's installation, I'd recommend you to uninstall all TeeChart versions from Project->Options->Packages and remove all paths from Project->Options->Directories/Conditionals->Search Path. Then use Recompile tool provided with the source code installer to compile and install TeeChart packages at your IDE.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum