Memory Leak in ActiveX ver. 7

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Nitin

Memory Leak in ActiveX ver. 7

Post by Nitin » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:38 am

Hello,

We are using TeeChart ver 7.0.1.3. in Visual Basic 6. When loading large data sets (more than 10000 points), it crashes occassionaly. Also while using DoEvents, TChart crashes with Access Violation error. It happens occassionaly, not everytime so I am not able to give you exact code where it generates the errors. Isn't there any way, where TChart fires some kind of error instead of crashing with Access Violation.

Please help me as it is very critical issue for us and we can not deliver our application to customers with this problem.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:41 am

Hi Nitin,

Latest version available at the client area is v7.0.1.4. Could you please try if the problem still occurs if this version? If so, it would be very helpful if you could send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" or detailed instructions to reproduce the problem here.

You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Nitin

Latest Update

Post by Nitin » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:51 am

Hi Narcis,

Thanks for so quick reply. We are using smoothing function with horizontal line series and it is not supported in ver 7, earlier you provided us specially tailored version with this functionality. Can you please provide me this latest update with support of smoothing with horizontal line and area series.

Thanks

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:30 am

Hi Nitin,

I've just sent you the .ocx you requested. If you need the .cab or small .cab please let us know.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum