F2051 Unit TeeEdit was compiled with a different version...

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
MMKPI

F2051 Unit TeeEdit was compiled with a different version...

Post by MMKPI » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:00 pm

Agfter installing Delphi and TeeChart I get the error message below when trying to build. What is wrong, and how do I solve the problem?

[DCC Error] Graph1.pas(7): F2051 Unit TeeEdit was compiled with a different version of TeEngine.TChartSeries

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:04 pm

Hi MMKPI,

It's most likely that your Delphi is still referencing old TeeChart packages. Please read this message on how to solve this issue.

If this doesn't help don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Markus

F2051 Unit TeeEdit was compiled with a different version of

Post by Markus » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:38 am

Hi,
I'am also getting the above error message.
Previously, I used Delphi 7 and Teechart 5.03 (which i deinstalled). I also deleted all files containing *tee*.* before installation of the new version.

Now I'm on Delphi 2007 (Update1) and Teechart 7.11.

I followed all hints I found (putting Teechart as first library path and so on), but the problem still remains. What else can I try? How can I find out which bpls/dcu's are used?

Could the installer be corrupted? I also realized that i.e. tee7100.bpl (which seems to belong to v7.10, which I dont have) is installed in windows\system32 directory and in the registry.

Regards,
Markus

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:58 am

Hi Markus,

Tee7100 indicates the TeeChart version shipped with Delphi 2007. TeeChart Pro v7 for Delphi 2007 packages are named after Tee711. You should could try making a backup and removing all files named like *tee7100*.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Markus

Post by Markus » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:18 pm

Hi Narcis,

thanks for your fast reply. I already tried deleting everything with *7100* from all directories as well as from the registry but that didn't help either.

Regards,

Markus

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:14 pm

Hi Markus,

Basically, your Delphi 2007 is still referencing old TeeChart packages or one of the 3rd party tools you're using is referencing/unsing/was compiled with old TeeChart packages. There are several possibilities:

1) The installation was not 100% successful. The solution is to manually install TeeChart v7 PRO for D2007. Basically, all you have to do is copy all files from Teechart v7 Delphi 2007 folders to appropriate folders in C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0. Or alternatively, add TeeChart v7 Delphi Lib directory to Delphi search path list. Make sure all the Stantard Teechart components have been removed from the Component List (in the IDE).

2) The installation was successful but there is another package that is still referencing old (Tee100) files. Possible packages are :

a) Quick Report. This is possible only if you installed Quick Report PRO (or the newest version of QR Standard) after you installed TeeChart v7 PRO for Delphi 2007. The problem is all Quick Report versions are compiled with TeeChart v7 STANDARD (Tee100) files. The solution is to recompile TQRChart component files. Necessary files + instructions how to do it are located in TeeChart\Delphi2007\QuickReport\ directory.

b) Report Builder. The cause of problem is the same - RB was compiled with Tee100. The solution is to download and install Report Builder that supports TeeChart v7.11 PRO for Delphi 2007.

c) Decision Cube. This case applies only if you're using BCB 6 Enterprise Edition. The cause of problem is the same as in previous two cases. Again, the solution is to to recompile and reinstall Decision Cube packages manually or simply disable/remove the Decision Cube package. Instructions how to do this are included with TeeChart v7 installation (Delphi2007\DecisionCube\ directory).

d) Another 3rd party tool which uses TeeChart packages. Again, the solution is to recompile 3rd party tool packages with new TeeChart version. Usually each vendor includes instructions how to do this. If not, check with 3rd party tool vendor how to do it (apply patch file, TC7 specific installer, recompile sources, ...).

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Steema Software

doogie

Post by doogie » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:57 pm

Hi Narcis

I was getting the same error messages when I upgraded to D2007 update 1, from d2007.

I went to component> install Packages
Teechart 7 components must be unticked, teechart pro 7 components must be ticked.
Then tick default, and close.
Now exit Codegear D2007.

I then ran your TEEINSTALL TEECHART RECOMPILE.
It warned me that a package was allready installed, and prompted me to uninstall Pro 7.11
I proceded, then ran TEEINSTALL TEECHART RECOMPILE a second time, and my problem was gone!

Hope this helps!
Regards

Adrian

Markus

Post by Markus » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:21 am

Hi Narcis,

I tried everything you suggested.
1) Delphi and TeeChart installation where successful. The library path is also set correctly. TeeChart Standard component are removed completely.
2. a-c: I don't use any of these components. I use ODAC (Oracle Access), Jedi 3.31, rxlib2.77, tpabbrevia. I recompiled all packages, but without success.

Regards,
Markus

Markus

Post by Markus » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:24 am

Hi doogie,

I also tried your tip, but it didn't work either, as I don't have the source code of TeeChart.

Regards, Markus

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:02 pm

Hi Markus,

yes, it seems there's a problem with the latest installer posted on our web site. I've sent a mail directly to your email profile to confirm to send to you the latest compiled files.