issues teechart <--> windows 2003 server

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Chris

issues teechart <--> windows 2003 server

Post by Chris » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:18 pm

does anybody know about problems when using teechart on a windows 2003 server?

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:16 am

Hi Chris,

which problems ?
We've used it here under Win2003 Server and works fine.

SS

Teechart and Windows 2003 Server

Post by SS » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:22 pm

I know we are running into an issue. We just loaded our web application on a 2003 server for the first time and teechart files are being generated by the server but the teechart.ocx file is not being downloaded to the client machine through the cab file.

I'm sure its an issue with some permissions in win 2003 that we need to enable I just need to find out what and where. Other than that everything with teecharts works fine.

Patrick

SS

Post by SS » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:37 pm

Is there anything that needs to be done with adding the .tee extension to IIS 6.0 to get the files to download?

I've tried playing with all the settings and I have 2 issues under IIS 6.0:
1) the cab file does not download or install the teechart control
2) if I go to another site and get the cab to download the control on my machine then go back to the iis 6.0 site the tee files don't download.

I just get either "wrong .tee format" or "index out of bounds error"

Any ideas?
Patrick Murphy
SmartSignal Corporation
Lisle, IL
pmurphy@smartsignal.com

Christopher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Christopher » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:49 pm

Hi --
Is there anything that needs to be done with adding the .tee extension to IIS 6.0 to get the files to download?
There is a test HTML page you can use for CAB files under:
C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v6 ActiveX Control\Cab files

Simply allowing IE to download ActiveX objects should be sufficient for a successful installation.
Thank you!

Christopher Ireland (Steema crew)
Please be aware of the newsgroup archives:
http://www.teechart.net/support/search.php
http://groups.google.com
http://codenewsfast.com/

SS

Post by SS » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:47 pm

Unfortunately it doesn't work. If I hit our site under IIS 5.0 it downloads the cab because my activex settings allow it. I then delete the activeX file that is downloaded, reboot the machine and make sure there are no other teechart referrences. When I hit the same site running under IIS 6.0 the cab is not downloaded. I imediately go back to the IIS5.0 site and it is downloaded.

Once the activeX control is downloaded I go back to the IIS6.0 site to view the charts and the .tee files are not downloaded. I figured there is something that I need to do with web extensions in IIS 6.0 to allow for cab and .tee files to download but cant figure out what I need to do.

Christopher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Christopher » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:11 am

Hi -
Unfortunately it doesn't work. If I hit our site under IIS 5.0 it downloads the cab because my activex settings allow it. I then delete the activeX file that is downloaded, reboot the machine and make sure there are no other teechart referrences. When I hit the same site running under IIS 6.0 the cab is not downloaded. I imediately go back to the IIS5.0 site and it is downloaded.
I've just run a test with a fresh, default installation of Win2003. The only change I have made to this installation is the deactivation and removal of the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration. Using this new installation I then accessed the teechart6cab.htm which was deployed on the localhost of an older IIS6.0 and the teechart.cab file downloaded without a problem, with the chart appearing correctly when I clicked the "Add a Series and fill values" button.

Do you have the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration activated?
Thank you!

Christopher Ireland (Steema crew)
Please be aware of the newsgroup archives:
http://www.teechart.net/support/search.php
http://groups.google.com
http://codenewsfast.com/

SS

Post by SS » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:42 pm

The cab example and teechart work fine. I can see the graph and play with the four buttons on the example.

The problem I'm running into is in our application when our page loads (has multiple charts on it) and I call:

objChartLoad.Import.LoadFromURL(sChartVal)

I get a javascript error "Wrong *.tee file format". sChartVal is set to a path such as http://servername/website/charts/radXXXX.tee on 2000 Server I can type in that path and get a request to download or save the file, however on 2003 it doesn't find the file at all.

My guess is the issue is something with permissions or settings within IIS 6.0 in recognizing the .tee format, but I've been unable to figure it out. Opening the example cab html it is not going through IIS where as our application is.

I was just hoping someone else had run into this issue already.

SS

Post by SS » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:52 pm

Ok. I finally figured it out. IIS 6.0 is different in its MIME TYPES. IIS 5.0 has a wild-card MIME TYPE to allow all types of file downloads.

In order to get teecharts to work you must add a MIME TYPE of .tee/application-oleobject

You have to love weeks like this.

meir

I still have a problem

Post by meir » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:21 pm

Using Teechart Activex5 with IIS6, and defining the Mime types as above
.tee - application/oleobject - all I get is an empty teechart (using LoadFromUrl).

When I try with Eval version 7 - I don't even get the empty teechart - just a rectangle where teeChart was supposed to be.

Andrés

Post by Andrés » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:09 pm

hey, i have the same problem. The advanced security is disabled, i add the mime type and dont works. I add a .* mime type and a.tee mime type, the same thing in the file types of the system . What happens? . Can you tell me exactly, how you add the mime type to the iis 6.0.
Thanks

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:09 pm

Hi Andrés,

do the TeeChart ASP examples included into the installation work fine for you ?

Andrés

Post by Andrés » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:52 pm

Hi Pep,

No, the TeeChart ASP examples don't work either.

Thanks

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:10 pm

Hi Andrés,

when I say "TeeChart ASP examples", I mean without changing anything of its code, if so, which error are you getting ? Also, do other ASP pages work fine ?