Is there a TeeChart .lib file?

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Craig

Is there a TeeChart .lib file?

Post by Craig » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:31 pm

I understand that in a C++ project, I have to add the TeeChart .h and .cpp files into the project. But if I'm including that project in another solution, with another project also using the TeeChart control, I need to add them there as well, so all the TeeChart .h and .cpp's need to get compiled twice every time I rebuild, is there any way around this?

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:35 am

Hello,

I'm not sure how to avoid the compilation of TeeChart per project if referenced via library file source, but as to the location, a common folder, a folder apart, could be created for the TeeChart library files so that they physically exist just once between all projects that use them.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:33 pm

Thanks, I should have thought of that. A library file would however eliminate the need to compile all those files at all ( I think ). I just know that other products we use, like objective grid, we just import the library, there are no .cpp files.

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:53 pm

Correction on that. The .cpp file are given, but they provide a method to build the libraries, that seems to be how most of this stuff is done.

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:41 pm

Actually, that common folder business won't work, wouldn't that be the same as trying to use the same folder from the other project? Which is the problem I had to begin with, the files need to added into the current project, otherwise I get unresolved external link errors. I guess I'll just have to live with the extra build time.

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:50 pm

The answer is to compile the teechart files into a static library project, then include that project in your solution. You should use a precompiled header stdafx.h that includes MFC OLE support. Even if you only use it in one project, it really speeds things up.