Gantt and Calendar

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
CAC

Gantt and Calendar

Post by CAC » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:48 pm

My users currently use the Gantt chart to communicate scheduling information in a Delphi (7) application. The information is provided through a scan of a data table that they can modify. Is it possible to use the TCalendar in a similar fashion so that they can more easily see the day of the week, etc.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:37 am

Hi CAC,

Sorry but I don't understand what are you exactly trying to achieve. Could you please give us more detailed information?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

CAC

Post by CAC » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:46 pm

Sorry....

We do environemtnal projects that commonly involve the work of 2 or more entities (us, our clients, laboratories, etc.). We have developed a Delphi app that allows all of us to share all this data.

In this case we are cooperatively developing schedules. For instance our client may schedule sampling of wells during the first week of March, the lab may take a month to complete the analysis, and then we may take two weeks to evaluate the data and prepare a report. All of us can review/add/edit the schedule through the application.

Right now we do that on a Gantt chart, which is good, but I was hopeful that we could also present the same data (a bar for instance, or text) on a Calendar view so that days of the week, holidays, etc. are more obvious.

Hope this helps. Thanks again

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:10 pm

Hi,

it cannot be done directly, the only way to do this that I can think of would using similar code to the following one (drawing a rectangle setting custom colors and add some more text using the TextOut method) :

Code: Select all

Private Sub TChart1_OnBeforeDrawSeries() 
With TChart1 
.Canvas.Brush.Color = vbYellow 
.Canvas.Rectangle .Series(0).asCalendar.RectCell(2, 5).Left, _ 
.Series(0).asCalendar.RectCell(2, 5).Top, _ 
.Series(0).asCalendar.RectCell(2, 5).Right, _ 
.Series(0).asCalendar.RectCell(2, 5).Bottom 
.Canvas.TextOut .Series(0).asCalendar.RectCell(2, 5).Left + 5, .Series(0).asCalendar.RectCell(2, 5).Top + 1, "Text" 
End With 
End Sub