Series Problems when based on a Function

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
RGSMike

Series Problems when based on a Function

Post by RGSMike » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:13 pm

I have problems when I add a series that utilizes a function as the basis of information. There are three different problems:

1. The series is added, but when selecting the base series (another series), the Apply button does not work.

2. The series is added, but not using the apply button, movement is off the series, a Message Box is presented and then a reply of OK get a program exception.

3. The series is added, but when selecting the base series for the function, the series list is empty even though there is another series.

I have been able to create a test case for the first two problems. I have not been able to create a test case for the third one. I suspect the third one is a problem related to the first two.

As a general observation. Most of the problems I am having in the Chart Editor Panel has to do with the creation of sub panels by the processing when I am using the tree in conjunction with the tabs. I suspect that the processing does not create the sub panel dialog soon enough, or does not keep it around for other processing, or just isn't handle correctly by the Tree events.

You should note that I have the Chart Editor Panel, the Chart, and nother Chart List Box all being created separately in a separate DLL. These forms are then connected to the MDI form that I am using for design. This form is created at time of need by the user. This complex design is the only way I have been able to get this processing to work as I would like.

I am using the latest of everything.

Please refer to RGSMike Test Case 6.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:36 am

Hi RGSMike,

Please see my reply to this here.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia