Double Click event on TChart can cause program abort.

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
RGSMike

Double Click event on TChart can cause program abort.

Post by RGSMike » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:20 pm

I experience a "Program Abort" everytime I use the Double Click event on the TChart to execute the TChartEditor. That is to say, in the Double Click processing place the following code:

ChartEditor1->Execute ();

The Chart Editor will open and the processing will occur. When the dialog is closed, the program will Abort.

The abort is occuring at line 1651 of TeeProcs due to the CancelMouse condition being true.

If you do not execute the Chart Editor and let the code pass through, all is fine.

I am currently using TChartPro 7.08.

Test Case Available: Reference Test Case 2.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:53 am

Hi RGSMike,

I can't reproduce this here using a simple project doing what you reported. I'm using v7.08, which is the latest maintenance release available for BDS 2006.

I can't run your test case because, I can't build it as I suspect references your other example, doesn't it? Could you please check it and send us an example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here?
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

RGSMike

Post by RGSMike » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:54 pm

I have posted the test case 2 at the attachments location.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:15 pm

Hi RGSMike,

Thanks for the project. It works fine for me here using v7.08. I've checked that your project library references where still pointing to v7.07. I've updated them and posted the project at the attachments newsgroup. Can you please test if it works fine at your end?
Best Regards,
Steema Software

RGSMike

Post by RGSMike » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:17 pm

It still causes the Abort exception. You may have this exception disabled, or you are not catching it.

Make sure you have this exception enabled during the run in the debugging IDE. You can check it at Tools/Options. Then Debugger Options / Borland Debuggers / Language Execution / EAbort.

If the EAbort is not ticked, then do so and rerun. If it is ticked and you are not getting the exception in the debugger, then let me know because something is different between our environments. If you just run the test case outside the debugger, then nothing will happen because the abort is not being "catched", and it will appear to be working correctly.

Please note that you must execute this particular dialog in the double click to get the error, otherwise it all will work correctly.

Thanks for the revised project. I will now use the $(TEEINCPATH) option in my projects.

Thanks for the help.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:45 pm

Hi RGSMike,
If the EAbort is not ticked, then do so and rerun. If it is ticked and you are not getting the exception in the debugger, then let me know because something is different between our environments. If you just run the test case outside the debugger, then nothing will happen because the abort is not being "catched", and it will appear to be working correctly.
I already had this option enabled and still no exception appeared. I'm using TeeChart Pro v7.08 for BDS 2006 in BDS 2006 Architect Version 10.0.2288.42451 Update 2 and Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Build 3790 +SP1.
Please note that you must execute this particular dialog in the double click to get the error, otherwise it all will work correctly.
Yes, I was doing it that way.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

RGSMike

Post by RGSMike » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:05 pm

I am using the following here:

TeeChart Pro V7.08

Borland® C++Builder® for Microsoft® Windows™ Version 10.0.2288.42451 Update 2. (Note: I only use the C++ personality, but I tried this test case in Delphi and it still failed.) Also, I am using the Borland Professional version, not the Architect Version.

Windows XP (Professional) Build 2600: Service Pack 2).

I think the latter one might be the difference. I have had some minor processing differences in my application between Windows 2003 and XP.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:17 pm

Hi RGSMike,

I've compiled your project in my machine and executed the .exe in an XP machine without getting the exception. I've attached it at the newsgroups. Could you please try if it works at your end?

If the problem persists could you please let us know the exact error message you get?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:26 pm

Hi RGSMike,

As a follow up to my previous message, I also compiled your project in the XP machine's as you told and worked fine there as well. That machine uses: TeeChart Pro v7.08 for BDS 2006, BDS 2006 Architect Version 10.0.2288.42451 Update 2 and Windows XP Professional Build 2600 with Service Pack 2.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

RGSMike

Post by RGSMike » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:38 pm

I cleaned up everything and it still gets the EAbort exception.

However, I have moved on to other types of design and no longer need this processing. If I do need it in the future and it still fails (like on the TeeChart V8), then I will resurrect this. We both have spent enough time on this and let's put this to bed.

Thanks for all the help.

By the way, which one are you in the web site picture? It would be nice to have a face with the name. You might want to put your names along with the picture.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:34 am

Hi RGSMike,
I cleaned up everything and it still gets the EAbort exception.

However, I have moved on to other types of design and no longer need this processing. If I do need it in the future and it still fails (like on the TeeChart VCool, then I will resurrect this. We both have spent enough time on this and let's put this to bed.
Ok, it may be also an interesting test if you have the chance to try to reproduce this in another machine.
By the way, which one are you in the web site picture? It would be nice to have a face with the name. You might want to put your names along with the picture.
I'm the one on the very right. Names in the pictures? A little bit strange to my opinion. For that we should make a staff page :wink:.
Best Regards,
Steema Software