after install

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ratoso

after install

Post by ratoso » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:04 am

Hello,
Thank you for your help, I think TeeChart is well installed like you said to me, but when I launch my application I have the error message
"%s"is not correct or is not a valid argument
It is the same message but only "%d" change in "%s"
Where must I look?
It is the same message when I clicked on a TChat to obtain the options, now it is when I run it.
I have removed the V4 package in package options BCB6 and then copied all the files you explained to me.
Must I do something else?
I thank you
Patrick

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:27 pm

Hi Patrick,

which BCB6 version are you using (Persona, Enterprise,..) ?

ratoso

after install

Post by ratoso » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:56 pm

I use Cbuilder6 Pro
And thank you for your help!
Patrick

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:30 pm

Hi, Patrick.

Hmm... Most likely this one is a BCB bug when string is translated to French (you are using BCB French version ?). Are you TeeChart source code customer ? If yes, then you can try compiling/installing all packages from source code. If no, please contact me at marjan@steema.com and we'll try something else.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

ratoso

after install

Post by ratoso » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:01 pm

Hello,
I have copied the files in the directories of BCB8 Pro (french version)and I have the error:
[Lieur Erreur] Unresolved external '__fastcall Teeprocs::TTeeCustomShapeBrushPen::SetVisible(bool)' referenced from C:\PROGSPERSO\ENTREEDLL\USAPERFFIN.OBJ
I have all the paths in the directories options.
I have sent a mail to Marjan because he asks to me but I have not yet response too I try again here
I thank you very much please help me in this installation
Patrick

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:57 pm

Hi, Patrick.
Unresolved external '__fastcall Teeprocs::TTeeCustomShapeBrushPen::SetVisible(bool)' referenced from C:\PROGSPERSO\ENTREEDLL\USAPERFFIN.OBJ
Somehow your BCB project is still referencing old TeeChart files or BCB has some old TeeChart files in one of it's lib/include paths. Normally the installer removes old TC files and replaces them with new files, but sometimes it fails. In this case the only thing you can do is

a) search all BCB lib/include directories for old TeeChart files. If you find any -> remove them

b) check your project bpg file and make sure that :
+ the project is referencing only new TeeChart packages
+ TeeChart v6 directories are first in the "include" and "library" path list.

There is no shortcut to solve this problem. If for some reason your project is still referencing old TeeChart files, follow steps I mentioned above.

BTW, do you get the same error if you start a new project and simply drop a TChart on a form and then try to run application ? Or does the error happen only with your OLD project (originally coded in TeeChart v4 or v5) ?
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

Steve Chamberlain

Post by Steve Chamberlain » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:56 am

I also had this same problem, but in the end the only way I could solve the linker errors was to include the .hpp header files directly in my project.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:45 pm

Hi,

which error are you getting ?
Have you tried to do all the steps that my colleague Marjan told to other customer just before your post ?

Steve Chamberlain

Post by Steve Chamberlain » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:35 am

I did. I haven't gotten the error message for a few days now, so I don't remember what it was, but like I said I included the Tee header files in my project and that was enough for me, I just wanted to share the tip in case it can help someone out who has tried all the previous steps.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:44 am

Hi Steve,

ok, I'm glad to now that it's working now.