Corruption in .tee file saves?

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
glick

Corruption in .tee file saves?

Post by glick » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:48 pm

I have written a simple data acquisition program in VB6.0 (SP5). Form1 of the program uses TeeChart Pro ActiveX v7.0.0.5 to create and display a chart. At the press of a command button, the chart is saved in .tee format. Other relevant data is concurrently saved in a separate database file. The code lines used for the chart save are as follows:

Code: Select all

FileName = "C:\My Databases\" & Val(Label6.Caption) & ".tee"
TChart1.Export.asNative.SaveToFile FileName, True
Form3 of the program allows the user to utilize a Microsoft ADO data control to select and retrieve both saved charts and the other associated data for review and/or reprint. The code line used to retrieve the chart is:

Code: Select all

Form3.TChart1.Import.LoadFromFile FileName
This program succeeded with the charting, saving, and retrieving process for about 130 runs; but every .tee file saved thereafter seems to have been corrupted. The corrupted file loads and prints to screen successfully, but when the mouse pointer is passed over the ADO control (no mouseclick, no shift of control focus) a second instance of the chart is overdrawn superimposed over the first, offset about a half of an inch to the left. As the mouse pointer passes clear of the ADO control, the second instance of the chart ceases to exist.

Comparison of hex dumps of the corrupted vs. uncorrupted .tee files shows a consistent difference at four different locations between 0X000 and 0X040. Hand editing of the corrupted files at those four locations (bringing them into conformance with the uncorrupted files) results in the imported .tee files behaving properly.

Is this program behavior caused by misuse of code on my part, or is a version upgrade or other solution called for? Thank you for your help.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:05 am

Hi,

would you be so kind to send me an small sample with which I can reproduce "as is" the problem here ?
You can send me it directly to pep@steema.com