how to export stream to a file ( appending to file ..)?

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Aravind

how to export stream to a file ( appending to file ..)?

Post by Aravind » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:36 am

i would like to export the stream from the chart to a existing file ,

file contains to xml information and i would like to append the chart stream on the same file ...? how can i do that

and also i have a database field of type memo , i store the stream in that field and when restore the value from database to the chart i am not getting the extact content of the stream ... how do i can solve this problem ...?

however main concern is to add the chart stream to the existing file ...?

pls advise me
aravind

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:21 am

Hi Aravind,
and also i have a database field of type memo , i store the stream in that field and when restore the value from database to the chart i am not getting the extact content of the stream ... how do i can solve this problem ...?
Which are the differences ?
however main concern is to add the chart stream to the existing file ...?
There's not a way to do this automatically, you'll have to do it manually (saving it to other file, read and append the existing file).

Aravind

Post by Aravind » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:18 am

1. I STORE THE CHART STREAM IN THE MEMO FIELD OF THE ACCESS DATABASE AND TRIED TO RELOAD THE stream TO THE CHART .

WHEN I RETRIEVED THE VALUE FROM THE DATABASE AND LOAD THE STREAM INTO THE CHART. CHART WAS NOT SHOWING ANY THING ...?

CAN I STORE THE STREAM IN THE DATABASE OR NOT ..? if we are able to store in database , then send me example how to handle the stream with out loosing its settings and data.

2. adding the chart tee file to the existing text file ( appending)...

tee file contain the different characters , even though i used line by line read and append in the existing file , when i extracted the tee file to load on to tchart , tchart was not showing correct values or data...

my objective is either one of the above implementation , if it is a database then it will be wonderfull but none of above resulted in the expected desired output

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:09 am

Hi Aravind,

1) You can see one example which shows how to do this under :
D:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v7 ActiveX Control\Examples\Visual Basic\Visual Basic 5 & 6\Database BLOBs
my objective is either one of the above implementation , if it is a database then it will be wonderfull but none of above resulted in the expected desired output
2) ok, check the above example and if it doesn't help to your requeriments we can try to find a solution.