Problem compiling with TQuickrep

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
JoelJacob

Problem compiling with TQuickrep

Post by JoelJacob » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:24 am

I get a problem when I embed a TQRchart in a TQuickRep.

The compiler complains that "the unit QRTee was compiled with a different release of QuickRpt.TQRPrintable.

Teechart : 6.01
QuickReport: 3.6.2
Delphi : 5, update pack 1

I followed the procedure described in the "\Steema Software\TeeChart 6.01 for Delphi 5\Delphi5\QuickReport\install.txt" file. It worked fine. I copied the different file in the named directories without any problem. [note: there is a small glitch in the file QRtee.dcu is named TeeQR.dcu]

I think that this problem is hardly a new one ; however, I cannot find any post in the forums.

Thank you for your help,

Joel Jacob

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:30 am

Hi JoelJacob,

The error message means there's a version incompatibility, that some of the components used were compiled with different versions of other components or that older components are referenced in Delphi 5.

First of all you should go at Project\Options\Packages and check that no old TeeChart and Quick Report versions are installed, then go to Project\Options\Directories/Conditionals\Search Path and make sure that TeeChart's Bin and Lib folders are on TOP of the list, that no old TeeChart packages are listed and that Quick Report paths are also listed.

If the problem persists then you should check the installation procedure, you can look at this article for further information. It may be that you didn't properly upgraded some package reference or that some search paths have not been set.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum