Trying to get the axis bounding box

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Vivo

Trying to get the axis bounding box

Post by Vivo » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:26 pm

How do I retreive the axis bounding box? I've tried to use the axis properties but they do not appear to give me the correct values.

Also, is there a detailed document stating what each interface function does? I see that not all of the functions are documented and it makes it slower going when I have to do trial and error to see what things do.

Thanks,

Adrian

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:05 am

Hi Adrian,
How do I retreive the axis bounding box? I've tried to use the axis properties but they do not appear to give me the correct values.

You can use TChart1.ChartRect for that. The ChartRect function sets the Axis bounding rectangle adding the 3D percent offset in pixels to the Right and Top coordinates. It should be used before painting the Chart component to which you wish it to apply.

The bounding rectangle can be obtained via Axis Positions:

Code: Select all

TChart.Axis.Left.Position, 
TChart.Axis.Top.Position - TChart.Aspect.Height3D, 

TChart.Axis.Right.Position + TChart.Aspect.Width3D, 
TChart.Axis.Bottom.Position
Also, is there a detailed document stating what each interface function does? I see that not all of the functions are documented and it makes it slower going when I have to do trial and error to see what things do.
You can have a look at the help file and user guide at C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v7 ActiveX Control\Docs (default english installation path). Here you'll also find the tutorials which may be helpful for you.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:20 pm

The bounding rectangle can be obtained via Axis Positions:

Code:

Code: Select all

TChart.Axis.Left.Position,
TChart.Axis.Top.Position - TChart.Aspect.Height3D,

TChart.Axis.Right.Position + TChart.Aspect.Width3D,
TChart.Axis.Bottom.Position
Works great.
You can have a look at the help file and user guide at C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v7 ActiveX Control\Docs (default english installation path). Here you'll also find the tutorials which may be helpful for you.
I've tried to use these before, but found it hard to navigate. Probably, because it required a basic understanding on how this COM component works. (i.e. no hierarchy or communication/interaction diagrams). It is getting easier as I go though. Do you have any basic UML Use Case Diagrams?

Thanks,

Adrian

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:32 pm

Hi Adrian,

I'm glad to hear that fits your needs.

We don't have any UML diagram but it can be really helpful reading the tutorials, having a look at the features demo, available at TeeChart's program group, looking at the FAQs and using those forums search feature.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Vivo

Post by Vivo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:51 pm

Hi Adrian,

I'm glad to hear that fits your needs.

We don't have any UML diagram but it can be really helpful reading the tutorials, having a look at the features demo, available at TeeChart's program group, looking at the FAQs and using those forums search feature.
Yeah, I'm doing that, but it is sometimes slow going when I am trying to figure out the full functionality of some class and how it relates to other classes as the demos usually only show a portion of what it can do. The same goes with the FAQs. I'm not saying that these are not invaluable tools; it is just that they can sometimes not be enough explanation.

And when I am looking for something specific, it can be difficult to find amongst all of the other things that the tutorial, demos and FAQs are showing. I will continue to plug away.

By the way, are you aware that if you have multiple vertical axes, each one having a label and you right click and drag up or down far enough, the labels will disappear from all of them at some point? This may have something to do with the labels all being at the same point on each respective axis (0.0), though all of the axes are not lined up at the same y position (i.e. y=0.0 of one axis is not the same physical ordinate as the y=0.0 of another axis). Looks like some sort of clipping problem.

Thanks for the help,

Adrian

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:57 am

Hi Adrian,
By the way, are you aware that if you have multiple vertical axes, each one having a label and you right click and drag up or down far enough, the labels will disappear from all of them at some point? This may have something to do with the labels all being at the same point on each respective axis (0.0), though all of the axes are not lined up at the same y position (i.e. y=0.0 of one axis is not the same physical ordinate as the y=0.0 of another axis). Looks like some sort of clipping problem.
I couldn't reproduce the problem here. Could you please send us an example we can run "as-is" and the steps we should follow to reproduce the issue here?

You can post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software