[Solved] Custom Axis labels

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
to2

[Solved] Custom Axis labels

Post by to2 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:14 pm

I have a fastline which represents values over a time axis. Time axis is the bottom axis and represents time values relative to the start time. Additionally I would like to draw absolute daytime to the top axis at the same X position, where the bottom axis is labelled.

To do so I save for every point the curent daytime as a label. For TeeChart 4 I was able to utilize GetAxisLabel() to print the labels to the top axis. The event was fired every time a label was drawn. I filtered for bottom axis and got an event every time when a bottom label was drawn. Then I took the label from the series point and placed a label for the top axis by DrawAxisLabel().

With TeeChart 7 GetAxisLabel() seems to be fired every time, when I add a series point, not only when a label is drawn. Now it is impossible for me to filter events, when really the bottom axis is labelled.

What can I do?
Last edited by to2 on Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:38 pm

Hi to2,

Try using GetNextAxisLabel event.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

to2

Post by to2 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:02 pm

Well it ist possible to use GetAxisLabel(), but it is important to set Axis->LabelStyle to "Value" before.