INSTALL TeeChart7.06, Report builder6.02 in Delphi4

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
MARK_EPM

INSTALL TeeChart7.06, Report builder6.02 in Delphi4

Post by MARK_EPM » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:11 pm

I’m having problems installing my new version of Tee Chart 7.06 with Report builder 6.02 in Delphi 4.
It seems the packages are not compatible?
What is the work around for this? :idea:

After this, I will be installing Tee Chart 7.06 with Report builder 7.02 in Delphi 7. Will I have the same issues? :?:

Thanks All!!!!

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:53 am

Hi MARK_EPM,

The usual procedure to install TeeChart being compatible with Report Builder is:

1) Uninstall old TeeChart and RB versions.
2) Install latest TeeChart v7 version.
3) Install RB which works with TeeChart version you have. You should ask for that Digital Metaphors (Report Builder manufacturers) support as they develop the Report Builder wrapper for TeeChart.
4) If needed, recompile/reinstall RB TeeChart wrapper packages (check with Digital Metaphors about correct procedure).
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

MARK_EPM

Update 2

Post by MARK_EPM » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:47 am

Hi

Thanks for that, but Ive tried that already.

I contacted RB people, their response to me asking if it was compatible was "I honestly do not know". great.

Ive taken off the RB- teechart component for now, but have a problem saying "Ttree.dcu" not found.
Any ideas?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:02 pm

Hi MARK_EPM,
I contacted RB people, their response to me asking if it was compatible was "I honestly do not know". great.

Really? I can't believe that. They should know that as they are the ones who develop the Report Builder wrapper for TeeChart as you can see here. Have you contacted Digital Metaphors support here?
Ive taken off the RB- teechart component for now, but have a problem saying "Ttree.dcu" not found.

You could try searching this file on your hard disk and add its path to your IDE search path (Project->Options->Directories/Conditionals).
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum